chapter 3

The sun is rising on the horizon while it's whisking light break through the high windows of an elegant room. Tapestries from different regions filled the high stoney walls of the area, the wooden bed is covered with too much fabric and wools dyed in dark blue that served in the pursuit for aesthetics and comfort. The wide and elegant room became lively, as the sun seemed to beam it's at most just to fill the sulky premise. Iona gently opened her delicate brown eyes that is slightly irritated due to the excretion of too much tears, she immediately jumped out of her bed as her stomach protests to avoid malnutrition. She went to the dining hall and saw her father and brother silently waiting for her arrival and unfortunately no one spoke a word during the meal.

As she went to her chambers after her incommunative meal, she wants so bad to feel the rustling meadows and the resilient wind once more. When she was ready to get out she noticed that security has been tightened and more guards guard the gates, she forgot that it is the day that most of the city watchers were invited for a feast inside the castle as they expected that no enemy will think of attacking the country. The country had been full force strong for decades since their ancestors built stone walls and improvised weapons to protect their land, no country dared to consider them as an enemy except for one. It is a country shed by pirates and mercenaries who explore the seas, they were called the vikingr or vikings. Due to ambition and exploits, the Vikings tried to raid the land but were unsuccessful considering that the country worked as a whole while these pirates were divided into different groups and leaders, not even today. Iona can't think of a way to surpass a battalion as the king invited almost all of the watchers to commemorate the country's strong force, it is traditional per summer. In this condition, there's no way for her to escape as the castle wall is swarmed by armed watchers, unlike before she can just lure and trick the few soldiers guarding the back door. She felt hopeless and week for not able to do what she wanted, she felt inferior for not having her freedom, she cursed herself for being a princess.

Bang bang.. "who's there?" She responded

The heavy wooden door gently opened and a meek Frederick entered the premise,

"I just want to .. to" he cleared his throat "to apologize for what happened last night and this morning .. i just donna know what'ya say"

"It's alright, i donna know what'ya say either" she answered with a reassuring smile, and for the first time since last night Frederick gave a wide smile.

"Ye ok bein here? Ye could come down if ye want to. Donna worry about a li'l matter sis .., i"

"It's alright, i just wanna to relax a li'l bit here"

"Oh.. ok" he agreed in a stuttering tone and stood up, he looked back once more with a reassuring smile and went outside.

Iona took a deep inhalation and stood beside the window, she felt envious about the slaves and soldiers getting in and out of the gate, if only she could change her life for a day... well maybe .. just maybe.. she paused for a while and smiled deeply and widely as An idea just clicked inside her mind.

♢♢♢

"Are ye sure princess? I donna know if this is a good idea" Madge said hesitantly upon knowing Iona's purpose.

"Madge, please do ti's to mei.. i promise not to get you in a trouble. I .. will make sure of it that you will soon be .. be .. repaid" iona answered in a pleading manner.

"How bout ye repay mei now?" Madge demanded accordingly, putting her hands on her hips.

Iona stared at the full and petite woman with a brown hair infront of her who happens to be incharge of the castle hold, Iona had no choice in approaching the slithery woman as she happened to be incharge of cleaning her room as the others were buisy tending to the watchers.

"Aye, i'll give you ei .." iona scanned her room deliberately and saw a shining object infront of her vanity. "mei golden pin"

Madge smiled widely, showing her crooked teeth and hastily went outside to get her compensation.

♢♢♢

Though she felt uncomfortable, she is thankful of what madge has given her. It is a dainty, plain looking green dress with a dainty plain looking leather boots, which Iona wore desperately. Madge also had given her a faded brown cape to cover her delicate face, she had also provided her a leway to surpass the unsuspecting watchers who is buisy gambling and getting drunk. Though it is risky Iona thought it is worth it as she stared at the scenery once more, the green green grass and whistling wind danced to her direction as her hair flew freely. The sheeps were buisy grazing, giving her the silence she needs, she looked at a distant direction and saw kiefe tending to a kid, he looked at her direction and she smiled upon the encounter, kiefe broke the contact and resumed. Iona looked at the deep ocean once more and saw something .. something approaching. . Something more of a .. boat! She gasped upon recognition and stood quickly to run., to run and warn his father of a threat .. to save the country from the havoc that these barbarians will leave!

♢♢♢

Guess what's coming?

Will Iona make it and save her country from these barbarians?

What do you think will happen?

Please hit the like bottom .. or comment for any complaints or questions. .

Thank you :)