chapter 10

Iona just sat there still feeling embarassed. She cannot seem to move on to what just happened. Right now, she wanted the land to swallow her alive, stupid call of nature! Jus why mei?? She cursed to herself upon remembering what happened earlier, thos icey blue eyes staring at me! With disgust and humiliation.. god! Please kill me now!!!.

She is currently sitting in the waggon as they Continued their journey. It's already dark as the light from the lamp guides them to their destination. They can hear hoots and rustling of leaves as the wind blows its icy breeze. Iona then suddenly felt a rush of coldness as her embarrassment subsided.  Her dress is not enough to warm her up so she curled up between the haystacks, she felt a wick of comfort and wanted to remain their forever. To Of course cover up her humiliation. 

"We're here!" A deep baritone voice called out as she was about to get caught in her slumber.

♡♡♡

They arrived safely to his father's home carrying the slave with him. Some of the thralls gave their welcome to the young gòdi, as most bats their eyelashes under his nose. He cannot seem to notice them and trailed of to the door, he heard the usual noises inside but the room went quiet when he entered.

"Aahh brynjar! My older brother! " called brian,As he spread out his arms to welcome him.
"And what dyou got there? A bonny lass! .. May i borrow him for the night older brother?" He smirked childishly, while he stared intently at the woman whom brynjar drags using a rope that clinged to her hands.
Brynjar looked at her frightened stature and breathe deeper.

"She does not want you" he replied arrogantly as he finds his way to a vacant chair, dragging the woman with her.

"Sit!"

"But whe..re?" She replied nervously.

Brynjar held a deep breath and gestured to his lap.

♡♡♡

Iona stood frozen as brynjar gestured her to sit on his lap. She hesitated at first but felt more uncomfortable at those usual stares. She looked sheepish upon her entrance to the house earlier, She saw how most of the thralls swoon over his feet but he seems not to care. And when they entered the door, a grand table was presented. There are warriors lined up on their seats, there are also a lot of foods on the table and most of it she cannot recognize. When suddenly a man began to speak, he looked like a younger brynjar but his eyes is more of a darker blue.

She sat there while brynjar is busy cutting a meat, she wandered her eyes to the people around the table. She saw the warriors who resumed with their usual chatterings, and brynjar's younger brother deeply staring at her. She felt a sudden discomfort at his gaze, she looked at his left side and saw a beautiful lady. She is dressed in an elegant manner and she can recognize those icy blue eyes which looked like of brynjar's. The lady looked at her direction and smiled, iona smiled weakly as her response.

"Eat" brynjar said calmly as cuts of meat is placed on in front of her. She began to eat quietly and savored it's delicate taste.
"Tis is good!" She accidentally muttered.

♡♡♡