chapter 21

'tell me, who is she?' Walfer angrily demanded as he stare at the disheveled stable boy who is now spitting his own blood while he kneels on the cold hard floor.

'Ay donna know' he weakly replied. He remembered how a while ago how he was feeding the horses and suddenly a hard object hit him on the back of his neck. He just woke up in a dark room as a man was gulping mead in front of him, he remembered that he was his captor as he kept castigating him who the irish princess is or what she looks like. He knows that it is Iona but he couldn't dare to speak even if he kept beating him.

Walfer stared at the scrawny figure struggling on the floor.
He was about to beat him to death when he remembered that the boy will soon have it's use.
Walfer bowed down and looked at him face to face.

'It is that red head isn't it? the one who protected you? and you think you can help her by being mute about it?'

Kiefe snappily turned his head up with a look of surprise in his face.

'I see, It was only her... only her! I should have known' walfer realized.
'I guess I have no use for you anymore' he continued.

💜💜💜
Iona shuffled uncomfortably on her makeshift bed. Brynjar fell asleep easily as he lightly snored, Iona stared at his parting lips as he engulfed tightly in his slumber. She can feel the inside of her womb move and smiled a little bit about it, she caressed her torso and whispered sweet nothings. Enexplicably happy that a living thing is inside her.

The next morning Brynjar prepared himself as he went into the dining area with Iona following beside him. Lord harflr and the other warriors came back from their early spar as they headed to the dining area, there were six of them and there are four more vacant seats along the dining table. Brynjar cleared his throat to announce his presence as the hunger stricken beings called warriors looked at their direction.

'Father, I want something to say' Brynjar introduced.
Lord Harflr raised his brow in reply.

'As you all know, the thrall here bears my bairn.. I will marry her' Brynjar continued. Iona was taken aback, surprise ensurge her as she stare at the daring man beside her with wide eyes.

'very well then, by morrow you do so' Lord Harflr said in dismissal.

💜💜💜💜

'You can't marry him' Beausna lushly said as she corned Iona. Iona was just resting after the day's strains, she stared at her with a curious one.

'Y not?' she asked.

'He is a vile man, he will just use you and discard you like the whores in his life'

'Like ye?' She daringly replied, upset of her friends forebearing.
Beausna was taken aback, surprised that her friend dared to speak to her in such a manner. Iona was brutally honest about that.

'I will .. will help you escape' she said in a croaked reply, the shock still sinking in to her.

Iona looked at her with a questioning look.

'Wat do ye mean?' she replied.

'I know someone who knows your brother'

'hu?' Iona asked.

'I will tell you later, meet me when the sun is gone in the stables' Beausna replied as she literally turned her back on her.
💜💜💜💜

They met in the stables that evening, Beausna is wearing her plain brown riding hood while Iona in her plain brown dress.

'Well, are you not going to disguise yourself?' Beausna asked looking at Iona from head to toe.

'Ay will not come' She calmly replied.

'what??' Beausna frantically replied

'Ay don't want it' she repeated.

'You must be sick, have a rest and we'll go later'

'nay em goin back' she was about to walk more further when Beausna grabbed her arm, gripping heavily.

'no! you can't have him! he's mine!' She exclaimed.
Iona stared at her wide eyed as she tried to yank her arm away from beausna's bruising grip.

'Let mei go!' she pleaded.

'No! I won't! all my efforts would be for nothing!'

'wat ar ye sayng?'

'I tried everything to hold you back away from him!.. sven! I persuaded him to take you but still you clutch free! I should have known you can ride a horse and yank it free!'

'wat? ay thought ye ar me friend?'

'If you are going to be an obstacle then i prefer that the feeling will not be mutual. I had a great feeling you were not just a slave' she inhaled 'I should have known earlier'

Iona can feel her racing heart.

'wat ar ye sayn?'

'Don't play fool with me! of course I know that you are the Irish princess!'
how do I know that? Astrid has a big mouth you should have known that!'

Iona felt a wave of betrayal as she learned of Astrid's slip, whether it is unintentional or not.

'I kept it for a long time. If Brynjar or Harflr knows about it they will marry you in a blink of an eye, Harflr have always wanted the irish armada... he could have sealed it'

Iona felt a pang of regret for not telling brynjar earlier of her identity. She thought that things can get worst for her when in fact it can always get better.

'I guess I have no choice' Beausna wealy said as a sudden rush of heat escaped the back of the princess' head.