Chapter 4: Meet the ''Mentor''

(At the Ninja Academy, everyone is seen wearing their headbands as Iruka explains everything about the team formations. Naruto is seen minding his own business, and so is a certain Uchiha as they don't seem to have anything against each other anymore. Kiba in other hand, tries to confront Naruto, only to be punched against the wall as everyone facepalms.)

Iruka: (groans) This Kiba never learns...

Sasuke: (gazes at Kiba) Hmph!

Ino: I would hate to be in his team.

Everyone: (in unison) Yep.

(As Iruka starts giving the team formations, he proceeds to speak the formation of Team 7.)

Iruka: Team Seven. Naruto Uzumaki.

Naruto: Huh?

Iruka: Sakura Haruno.

Sakura: (eyes widen) Uh-Oh...

Iruka: And also... Sasuke Uchiha!

Naruto/Sasuke: (sigh) Great...

(Ino is seen smirking at Sakura.)

Ino: I almost feel bad for you, Sakura.

Sakura: Very funny, Ino!

(Hinata is seen showing her disappointed expression.)

Hinata: (in mind) Why am I not with Naruto-kun?

(Iruka then speaks up again.)

Iruka: Team Eight. Hinata Hyuga.

Hinata: (snaps out) Yes sir.

Iruka: Kiba Inuzuka.

Kiba: Who? Me?

Iruka: And also... Shino Aburame.

(Shino is seen on his seat, standing quietly as Ino sighs in relief.)

Ino: (in mind) See for the bright side, Ino. You won't have to deal with Kiba for a while.

(Iruka speaks up for the last time.)

Iruka: Team Ten. Ino Yamanaka.

(Ino snaps out of her thoughts.)

Iruka: Shikamaru Nara.

Ino: (in mind) Uh-Oh, talk about not wanting someone in my team...

Iruka: And also... Choji Akimichi!

Ino: (in mind) The fatty too?

(Choji is seen eating his chips, and some moments later, everyone is dismissed.)

(Timeskip)

(Naruto is seen eating his food as Sasuke walks past him.)

Sasuke: Yo!

Naruto: Yo!

(As he keeps walking away, Naruto resumes eating his food as Sakura approaches him and sits beside him.)

Naruto: What's up?

Sakura: I just wanted to say I'm sorry...

Naruto: What for?

Sakura: You know, for treating you so badly. That fight we had made me realize that what goes around comes back around.

Naruto: So you learned from your mistakes. Good to know.

(Sakura nods as they eat together. One hour later, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke are seen in the empty classroom as they await for their mentor as he arrives.)

Kakashi: So you're the ones I'll have to tutor for the next years, huh?

Naruto: (monotone) If you didn't want to tutor us, why are you here?

Kakashi: Hmm, looks like those three years made you quite sarcastic, eh?

Naruto: (monotone) Look, you don't know me. You don't know anything about me.

Kakashi: Yet.

Naruto: (sighs) Whatever...

(Some moments later, the four are seen in the park as they introduce themselves and talk about their likes, dislikes and their dreams.)

Kakashi: Well, our test starts tomorrow. Just one thing, don't eat breakfast, or else you will puke.

(Sakura's eyes widen while Naruto and Sasuke keep their monotone expressions as they exchange glances before walking away.)

Naruto: (in mind) Whatever is the test, I'll pass without any problem.

(Naruto walks back home as the chapter ends.)