Chapter 10: Meet the Sand Ninjas

(Naruto is seen sleeping with Haku in his house as the clock starts ringing, he breaks it as he gets up, leaving the sleeping Haku as he prepares some breakfast. Some minutes later, he goes to take a bath and brushes his teeth before changing his clothes. After he's done, he sees Haku eating the breakfast and sighs as he joins in.)

(One hour later, Naruto and Haku are seen waiting for someone as Sakura and Sasuke come in.)

Naruto: Took you guys long enough.

Sasuke: Looks like only Kakashi is late... again.

Sakura: (sighs) What else is new? (sees Haku and facepalms) I had to ask.

(Naruto then senses Kakashi's presence.)

Naruto: Got lost on the "Path of Life" again, Kakashi-sensei?

Kakashi: (smiles) How did you guess?

Sakura/Sasuke: (glare angrily at Kakashi) LIAR!

(Some hours later, Naruto is seen picking up some herbs as he teaches Haku how to pick up some too. Then they are seen picking up some trash thrown at the river, and finally they pick up some dogs as Naruto picks up a big dog, and keeps him on the leash with his strength, preventing him from walking into a minefield.)

Haku: (to Naruto) Was it really necessary to pick up a bigger dog?

Naruto: Taste is not discussed.

(Some minutes later, Naruto is seen walking with the three ninjas as Sasuke gives an advice to Sakura.)

Sasuke: Instead of flirting, why don't you do something useful?

(Sakura's eyes widen as Sasuke puts more salt in the wounds by saying she's more useless than a Genin. She looks down, knowing he is right, because Naruto trained for three years and became what he is today. Sasuke then leaves as Sakura sees Naruto and Haku talking with Konohamaru and his team.)

Konohamaru: About this girl from Hidden Mist Village... is she your... girlfriend?

(Naruto and Haku blush as they look away from each other as Sakura tries to contain her jealousy. Suddenly Naruto feels two presences and dashes to pick up Sakura and save her from two Sand Ninjas.)

Naruto: Are you okay?

Sakura: (blushes) Um... sort of.

(Naruto then puts her down as he prepares to face the two Sand Ninjas. One is a woman wielding a big fan, and the other is a man who has something hidden in some plaster.)

Naruto: You're gonna have to go through me first, dumbasses.

(Feeling insulted, the man prepares to attack, but another male voice is heard.)

????: Kankuro, stand down!

(Kankuro turns to see his teammate Gaara of the Sand, who glares coldly at him.)

Gaara: You disgrace our village! Did you forget what we actually came for?

Kankuro: (shivers) Sorry, Gaara. It's just-

(Gaara gestures Kankuro to be silent as he apologizes to the group about what Kankuro was about to do. And then they were about to leave as Naruto speaks up.)

Naruto: You are from the Hidden Sand Village, right? What are your business here? You have your licenses?

(The woman smirks as she shows her license.)

Temari: I hope this answers your third question. As for the first one, yes, we are from the Hidden Sand Village, and our lair is the Land of Wind. We're only here for the Chunnin Exams, got it?

Naruto: You don't say... okay then...

(Konohamaru then draws Naruto's attention to him as he explains the details of the Chunnin Exams, which he seems to understand. As the Sand Ninjas are about to leave, Naruto speaks up again.)

Naruto: Before you go, can you identify yourself?

Temari: (turns around) You're talking with me?

Naruto: No, with him. The guy with the gourd on his back.

Gaara: (turns around) My name is Gaara... of the Sand. And I'm also curious about you and your teammate in there. Who are you guys?

Naruto: I'm Naruto Uzumaki.

Sasuke: And I am Sasuke Uchiha!

(Everything becomes silent as the Sand Ninjas finally leave. Konohamaru gets impressed by Naruto saving Sakura from being attacked by the two Sand Ninjas. Unbeknownst to them all, a trio from the Hidden Sound Village is watching them.)

Zaku: What do you think, Dosu?

Dosu: The girl is the only one we should not be worried about.

Kin: Well, the white haired boy is really dangerous in my opinion.

Dosu: Agreed. But that boy from the Uchiha Clan... he somehow might pick our master's interest.

(As the screen fades out, Naruto is seen ready to fight Kankuro as they charge at each other.)