Chapter 9: Naruto vs Zabuza (Round 2)

(Some days after training by himself, Naruto decides to keep an eye on Tazuna while he and his co-workers are building the bridge. He senses some presences, but doesn't respond as he knows it's just Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi.)

Naruto: Figured out it's just you.

Kakashi: Why am I not surprised?

Sakura: Come on, you didn't think we would simply let you watch over Tazuna by yourself, did you?

Naruto: Nope, but I have a feeling Zabuza will attack anytime. Like... (senses Zabuza's presence) now.

Kakashi: (eyes widen) How did you-

Sakura: I know how he noticed. (looks around and sees only mist) The Hidden Mist Jutsu.

(Naruto then approaches Tazuna and defends him from an attack from Zabuza before using his Time Freeze as he notices some water clones close to Tazuna's co-workers. The technique fades out after 35 seconds. He then knocks Zabuza out for a while, and manages to save Sasuke from being killed by Haku, who used her Ice Crystal Mirrors. After punching her, he sees her getting up and confronts her about why she is with Zabuza, and she sighs as she speaks up.)

Haku: I was born in the Land of Water, in a small village heavy with snow.

(Then a flashback of a baby Haku and his parents is shown.)

Haku: (over voice) I was happy then... they were loving parents... or I thought so...

(Flashback ends as she wipes out the blood she coughed after getting punched by Naruto.)

Haku: My father... he killed my mother. Then he tried to kill me.

Naruto: Why?

Haku: There's a special power or jutsu passed on through certain clans, from parent to child, or from grandparent to grandchild. As a result, all Kekkei Genkai were feared as harbingers of disaster and death. If anyone knew of their secret, only death was to be expected. My mother had the Gekkei Genkai.

(Another flashback of Haku having performed a technique, causing her father to try to kill her, but somehow he got killed instead as Haku was seen leaving her house, and then the flashback ends again.)

Haku: This led me to think I wasn't wanted.

Naruto: (in mind) Just like me in the past...

(Haku begs Naruto to kill her, but he refuses, much to her confusion.)

Haku: Why hesitate?

Naruto: There are other things in being someone than fight to death. I trained for three years, and a few people started accepting me. And I know there is a way for the others to accept you.

Haku: (looks down) I apologize for dirtying your hands with my blood.

(Naruto then senses Zabuza trying to attack him and counters by punching him until he bleeds. Gato watches it and smirks, but Naruto then launches a powerful wind from his fist and blows Gato into the water as he drowns. Gato's mercenaries get pissed and try to charge at Naruto.)

Naruto: Shadow Clone Jutsu!

(Naruto clones himself and the clones unleash a powerful wind from their punches, which blow the mercenaries away.)

(Weeks later, Naruto and his team prepare to leave as Haku goes with them. The bridge got finally completed, and Tazuna named it "The Great Bridge Naruto". As the screen fades to black, a picture of Sakura and Haku pecking Naruto's cheeks is seen.)