Chapter 13: Happy or Unhappy Reunion

(Team 7 is seen at the Chunnin Exam's location as they see ninjas from different Hidden Villages: Sand, Mist, Rock, Cloud, Rain, Grass, Waterfall and Sound.)

Naruto: (in mind) So many ninjas from different villages...

(Suddenly he gets hugged by Ino and snaps out of his thoughts.)

Naruto: What the... (grunts) get off me, Ino.

Ino: Why? I'm only trying to make up for what I did to you back then.

(Sakura then approaches Ino and grabs her in the collar.)

Sakura: NOT LIKE THIS!

(They glare at each other as sparks come from their eyes. Naruto sighs in annoyance.)

Naruto: Women, right?

Sasuke: Hmph!

(Shikamaru and Choji come in as the latter is eating chips.)

Shikamaru: Complicated, isn't it? I don't give a damn about them!

(Choji simply keeps eating his chips while Hinata approaches Naruto as she blushes.)

Hinata: Hello, Naruto-kun...

Naruto: Oh... hi, Hinata.

(Kiba tries to interrupt them, but Shino stops him.)

Shino: Did you forget how many times he kicked your ass? Even your pet is afraid of him!

Kiba: (angry) AKAMARU IS NOT A PET!

Shino: (monotone) Tch, really? Well, I missed the part where that's my problem.

Naruto: (not turning around) And so did I.

(Kiba gets shocked that Naruto overheard his conversation with Shino.)

Shikamaru: Yeah... this Kiba didn't change at all.

Choji: (still eating) I know, right?

(Suddenly a grey haired male figure comes in.)

Kabuto: That's quite a reunion, isn't it?

(Naruto got curious about the male figure and speaks up.)

Naruto: Okay... who are you?

Kabuto: I'm Kabuto Yakushi.

Naruto: Kabuto, eh? I'll remember that.

Kabuto: Well, it's the second time I do this exam.

Sakura: (surprised) Whoa, a veteran.

(Then they have a talk until Naruto asks if he has some information about Gaara of the Sand and Rock Lee, to which he replies by using some kind of jutsu and telling everything he knew about both of them. He then explains about the villages that sent their ninjas to participate in their exams. When he told the Hidden Sound Village was too little, Dosu and his teammates didn't take it ver well, and decided to attack him, but Naruto sensed their presences and used his time freeze to bring the Hidden Sound Village Trio down before getting back to where he was. And once the time flew again, the Sound Ninjas fell down, much to their shock and confusion. Suddenly one of the Chunnin Exams Proctors comes in.)

Ibiki: I don't know what happened, but somehow it prevented something worse from happening, right?

(The students get shocked by seeing the proctor as he speaks up again.)

Ibiki: (smirks) I'm Ibiki Morino, your proctor, and from now on, your worst enemy.

(Ibiki then explains about a quiz which they have to answer 100 questions. Naruto somehow knew them all and decides to answer them all as soon as the first part of the Chunnin Exams starts. Everyone else used their tricks to get some answers from other students. Some students were caught trying to see another student's quiz and got eliminated from the exams. As they finished, Ibiki explains about the 100th question, which angered some students.)

Temari: So the other 99 questions were a waste of time? Is that what you're trying to say?

(Suddenly another proctor shows up.)

Anko: I'm your second phase proctor, Anko Mitarashi

Anko: I'm your second phase proctor, Anko Mitarashi. I must warn you the next phase won't be as easy as this one was.

(Some hours later, Ibiki was catching all of the papers as he suddenly saw Naruto's quiz as he finds out he answered all of the questions correctly, and then he chuckles.)

Ibiki: That Naruto Uzumaki boy is really interesting.

(Next day, the students who passed the first phase of the Chunnin Exams are seen standing in front of a restricted area.)

Naruto: Hmm, restricted area, eh? I wonder why...

(Anko then smirks deviously as she speaks up)

Anko: This is the place where the second exam will be staged. We call it... (smirks) Forest of Death!

Naruto: Forest of Death, eh? That explains everything.

(To be continued)