Chapter 22: Death of Dosu/Double-Cross Discovered

(Dosu is seen in a rooftop as he approaches Gaara, who notices him.)

Dosu: This was unexpected... Do you not sleep?

Gaara: Why are you here? What do you want?

Dosu: I was thinking of defeating you right here, right now. Then I'll have the possibility of fighting Sasuke. I know all of your sand attacks. Which do you think it's faster? Your sand or my sound?

(Gaara simply glares at Dosu as the atmosphere gets tensed as only the wind is heard blowing.)

Gaara: While there is a full moon... While there is a full moon, his blood gets excited.

(Suddenly the shadow of a monster is shown.)

Dosu: (shocked) What... What are you?

(Dosu is then killed by Gaara as Baki watches the fight, and then Kabuto appears.)

Baki: You're late

Baki: You're late. You're the one who requested this meeting.

Kabuto: (smiles) My apologies. I had to check the area to make sure I was not seen.

Baki: Now, hand over the plan and whatever else you have.

Kabuto: (smirks) First, I need to verify... Is he the one?

Baki: (glares) What's your intent? You don't trust us, do you?

Kabuto: No such thing. But if something happens, we're gonna have to watch each other's backs. I'll look forward to seeing him run amuck when time is right.

Baki: But are you all right with what happened? He's one of the Sound's-

Kabuto: I'm sure. He outlived his usefulness long ago, especially after he and Zaku failed to kill Kin, who is not against us.

Baki: I understand that you're Orochimaru's right-hand man. Now the Hidden Leaf knows who you are and you had the gail to come and meet me? What kind of fool are you?

Kabuto: There's no need for that. I have already been ordered to recapture Sasuke and make sure I don't encounter certain obstacles on the way. But I failed...

Baki: What?!

Kabuto: Oh no... I should put it another way. They didn't find out my real identity... (smirks deviously) I let them find out. (hands over a scroll) Here are our plans. It's about time we let them in on the plan.

Baki: The Sand will only act behind the scenes. That is Lord Kazekage's wish.

(What they don't seem to know is that Hayate was overhearing them.)

Hayate: (in mind) What on earth?! The sand, an allied nation, has been colluding with the Sound?

(The duo notices Hayate.)

Kabuto: Just another thing... I'll clean up the mess.

Baki: There's just one rat. Piece of cake.

(Hayate gasps in shock as he got discovered, and then he and Baki have a clash on the rooftop as they unleash fast attacks, and Hayate drops a shuriken with a bomb paper as Baki dodges the explosion, and tries to overpower him. Some seconds later, Hayate gains the upper hand, but Baki blows some dust and kicks him.)

Baki: You're mine!

(Baki attacks, but Hayate disappears like a smoke, and comes out of nowhere to kick his face. They take the fight to the rooftops again, and Baki throws a kunai at Hayate, who deflects it with his sword before performing one of his sword techniques.)

Hayate: Konoha Style: Crescent Moon Dance!

(Hayate manages to hit Baki's left shoulder, but it doesn't make much effect on him.)

Hayate: It won't loose...

Baki: (smirks) Your swordsmanship is impressive. But... (conjures some wind blades) It's natural for material blades to be stopped. But a blade of wind cannot be stopped by anyone.

(Baki then slashes Hayate several times, killing him. Next day, Hayate's dead body is seen as some ANBU Hunters stand around it.)

(Chapter Ends.)