Chapter 18: The Arrival/Gaara's Cruel Strength

(After obtaining both the Heaven and Earth Scrolls, Team 7 goes to the tower, where they read something about the scrolls, and Sakura realizes that.)

Sakura: I guess it's time to open both Heaven and Earth Scrolls now

(They open the scrolls and realizes that they form a summoning jutsu.)

Sasuke: A summoning jutsu!

(As they drop the scrolls, Iruka is summoned.)

Naruto: Iruka-sensei?

Iruka: Congratulations. You have made it in time.

(Iruka starts explaining his involvement in the Chunnin Exams so far. Meanwhile Team 8 is seen going for the tower as well, but then Akamaru starts trembing again. Kiba smells something powerful and dark at the same time. They go and check to see Gaara and his teammates facing the Hidden Rain Village Team.)

Shigure: Then let's do this!

(He launches his umbrellas into the air.)

Shigure: Die, kid! Ninja Arts: Sprinkling Needles!

(Various needles are launched.)

Shigure: There's no blind point in this jutsu. The needles are also regulated with my chakra, and will attack the target!

(As teh dust settles, Gaara is seen shielded by his sand defences.)

Gaara: Is that all you can do?

Shigure: (shocked) That can't be!

(The Rain Ninja tries again, but Gaara's sand shields him again.)

Kankuro: Regarless of Gaara's will, his defenses are all done automatically. In other words, all attacks against Gaara will be nullified.

(Shigure charges at Gaara, who performs his jutsu.)

Gaara: Sand Coffin.

(Shigure is wrapped by Gaara's sand.)

Shigure: (struggles) This isn't so tough.

(Gaara lifts Shigure up as he gives him a death glare which scares the Rain Ninja.)

Gaara: Desert Funeral!

(Gaara commands his sand to crush Shigure, and then he does the same to the other two ninjas.)

Kiba: (in mind) What the hell... how can he be so cruel?

(Some moments later, the teams which passed through the second phase of Chunnin Exams are seen gathered as the chapyer ends.)