Chapter 8: Meet Haku

(Naruto and his team finally bring Tazuna to the Hidden Mist Village as they notice its current situation of poverty. Tazuna explains that ever since Gato and his gang came along, the villagers started living at his mercy as he punishes anyone who steps forth to oppose him. They meet Tazuna's family and eat their dinner.)

(Next day, Naruto is seen walking around the forest to train by himself, but then he is approached by a female ninja.)

Haku: That headband

Haku: That headband... you're from the Hidden Leaf Village, aren't you.

Naruto: Yeah, and my teammates are currently in charge of protecting an old man who is currently building the bridge.

Haku: I see... (in mind) So he is the guy who defeated Zabuza. I'm impressed he could make it.

Naruto: Anyway... I'm just training by myself. It worked well for three years.

Haku: You trained for three years?

Naruto: Yeah, that's how I became like this.

Haku: And what kind of training did you do exactly?

Naruto: Every single day, during those three years, I made 100 push-ups, 100 squats, 100 sit-ups, and finally I ran 10 kilometers. I also did other kinds of training, and I became what I am.

Haku: I see... well, it was nice to meet you, mister...

Naruto: I'm Naruto Uzumaki.

Haku: Naruto. I gotta go now!

(As she walks away, she speaks up.)

Haku: By the way, my name is Haku.

(Naruto is only a bit surprised as he decides to continue his training.)

(Meanwhile, Kakashi is seen talking to Inari about Naruto.)

Kakashi: Naruto can be a little... rough sometimes, maybe you do not know that, but Naruto also grew up without a father. In fact he never met any of his parents, and never had any friends in our village. Even though I've never seen him cry, get angry or give up, he's always willing to improve, he wants to be respected, it's his dream and Naruto would give his life for it without hesitation. My guess is that he got tired of crying and decided to do something about it!

(These words seem to make Inari take some reflections as the screen fades out.)