Chapter 6: First Mission

(One day after passing Kakashi's test, Naruto is seen catching a cat who escaped from the village lately. After that, he is seen along with his teammates and Kakashi in front of the Hokage, who explains about their next mission, which is to protect an old man who is building the bridge in the Hidden Mist Village. When the old man arrives, he starts mocking the four as he turns to Naruto.)

Tazuna: And you in there, the little one with an idiot's face?

Naruto: (glares) Are you talking to me?

Tazuna: Who else I would be talking to?

Naruto: You're lucky I don't waste my punches on old men.

(Sakura sighs in relief, and so does the Hokage.)

Hiruzen: (in mind) This must explain why I'm still alive...

Naruto: Anyway, our mission is to protect you, isn't it? So let's get going.

(Sakura follows Naruto as they walk away with Tazuna, and then Kakashi and Sasuke accompany them.)

(Some moments later, Team Seven is seen walking with Tazuna as all of them are silent until Naruto senses a presence of two Hidden Mist Ninjas.)

Naruto: Looks like we've got company!

Tazuna: It must be Gato's goons. They're after me.

Naruto: Gato, huh? This guy must be trouble.

(Then Naruto sees the two Hidden Mist Ninjas.)

Naruto I see them!

(Naruto then charges at them and easily destroys one of them with a punch, surprising the other one, who doesn't have much time to react as he is the next to be destroyed by Naruto's punch. Tazuna gets shocked as he turns to Kakashi.)

Tazuna: Some hours earlier, I thought he was weak and feeble.

Kakashi: There are more in the kid than meets the eye.

(Naruto then rejoins the group as they walk away, unaware that someone is watching them.)

Zabuza: Looks like there IS someone worthy to face Zabuza Momochi, the Demon of the Hidden Mist!

(To be continued)