Chapter 19: The Preliminary Exams

(The surviving teams are seen standing before Hiruzen, Anko, and the proctor Hayate Gekkou.)

Hayate: It's time for the final phase of the Chunnin Exams

Hayate: It's time for the final phase of the Chunnin Exams. It's time for the Preliminary Exams.

(Hayate then explains about the Preliminary Exams, and then asks if someone is willing to give up, and then Kabuto raises his hands.)

Kabuto: I do, sir.

(Hayate then checks Kabuto's files.)

Hayate: Kabuto Yakushi from the Hidden Leaf Village, right? (Kabuto nods) Alright, you're dismissed.

Gaara: (in mind) Pathetic.

Yoroi: (glares at Kabuto) You jerk, did you forget about Orochimaru's orders?

(Anko then checks Kabuto's files and explains about his historic during the exams. As Sakura is about to raise her hand, Sasuke stops her.)

Sasuke: (glares) Don't even think about telling anything about the curse mark.

(Sakura tries to reason with Sasuke, who simply retorts about his vengeance and that although being Chunnin means nothing to him, he wishes to keep up so he can see if he can be strong enough to face his brother.)

(As the preliminary exams start, ten fights occour. The first one is between Yoroi and Sasuke.)

Hayate: Those who've been chosen to the first encounter: Yoroi Akado and Sasuke Uchiha.

(Sasuke feels the pain of the curse mark.)

Sasuke: (in mind) This pain won't go...

Yoroi: (smirks) Is the mark bothering you?

(Orochimaru is seen watching the scene with a devious smirk.)

Orochimaru: (in mind) You'll see, Sasuke. Yoroi's unique abilities will be disastrous for you!

(The fight starts, and Yoroi starts having advantage due to Sasuke not being able to use his sharingan because of the curse mark. But the Uchiha eventually wins, and then Kakashi takes him away to perform a sealing jutsu. But once he seals the mark, he hears a familiar voice.)