Chapter 21: A Little Training

(Naruto is seen taking a nap as Haku and Kin snuggle on him. Suddenly, the alarm clock goes off, and Naruto's fist crushes it as he is seen with open eyes.)

Naruto: (in mind) Good thing I'm strong enough, or else my arms would be totally numb.

(He gets up and prepares some breakfast before going to the supermarket as he heard about some promotion, and decides to buy them. As he is on his way back home, Naruto is met with Karin once again as she blushes.)

Naruto: Oh, hey Karin.

Karin: (blushes) Hi...

Naruto: What are you doing here?

Karin: I'm trying to improve my sensory techniques.

Naruto: I hope you're luckier than me in that.

(Karin giggles, and then she approaches him as she takes off her glasses.)

Karin: (seductively) Perhaps we could have some time alone... two of us...

Naruto: (sighs) Good try, but I need to train a little for the final phase of the Chunnin Exams.

Karin: Oh, I totally forgot. (senses a chakra) Someone's-

Naruto: Watching us. Yeah, I know.

(He then holds Karin's hand, and uses his time freeze ability as he walks away from the woman who was trying to spy on them as she's none other than Temari. After 45 seconds, the time flows again, and Naruto is seen close to his house as he is carrying Karin before putting her down.)

Naruto: Well, this is my house. Wanna get in?

Karin: (blushes) Maybe another time.

Naruto: Okay, your choice.

(Karin then leaves as Naruto gets inside his house.)

(Timeskip)

(Naruto is seen training himself while Haku and Kin are having a sparring match. Suddenly he senses someone's presence as he turns to see Tenten.)

Naruto: What are you doing here?

Tenten: I admit I got shocked you humiliated Neji by almost punching him. But that's not what I'm here for.

Naruto: Why are you here then?

Tenten: I want to train with you. I don't wanna fall against an opponent so easily again.

Naruto: Well... okay... but be warned, it will take three years to become as strong as I am, not to mention the training is totally rough, and finally, your appearance will change.

Tenten: Hmm... I see...

(Then Naruto and Tenten do 100 push-ups, 100 squats, 100 sit-ups and run 10 kilometers.)

Tenten: (pants) That was really intense. Even more than Gai-sensei. No wonder you defeated Lee so easily.

Naruto: And believe it, I will defeat Neji in our encounter. You'll see.

Tenten: (giggles) You're such a cool dude. I like you.

Naruto: I admit, I like you too.

(Some moments later, they finish their training and Tenten leaves as Naruto, Haku and Kin return home. Naruto somehow senses another presence.)

Naruto: (in mind) Who is watching us now?

(Naruto turns around and sees the also Legendary Sannin known as Jiraya.)

Jiraya: (in mind) So that's the kid who faced Orochimaru

Jiraya: (in mind) So that's the kid who faced Orochimaru. I'm impressed he could defeat him and have one of his by his side.

(Jiraya then leaves, and Naruto sighs as he goes back home.)