Chapter 15: The Forest Of Death

(After having an interview, Naruto hears Anko speaking that the contestants of the Second Phase of Chunnin Exams will find out why the Forest of Death is named like that. But Naruto isn't a bit impressed, which causes Anko to try to mess with him by throwing a kunai, but he catches it.)

Naruto: Well, if it comforts you, they are more useful currently than during Ninja Wars.

(Suddenly Anko appears in front of him.)

Anko: You're really not afraid, are you.

Naruto: Nope, you if you keep messing with me, you'll be the one afraid. Though I rather not take an unnecessary risk at the moment.

(Everyone got impressed by Naruto not being afraid of Anko, who simply backs away as she explains about two scrolls: The Heaven Scroll and The Earth Scroll, and which ones will have one of the said scrolls while having to chase after the other. She also explains about the five days survival exam, which catches some of the contestants by surprised.)

Shikamaru: Five Days?

Choji: How are we gonna eat?

Naruto: Well, in places like that, there are good and bad news. The good news? We can catch some fruits, or if we are smart enough, some fishes.

Kabuto: And the bad news? There are beasts who eat humans, and poisonous plants.

Choji: Oh man...

Ino: Relax. THAT'S why they call it survival.

Neji: There's no need to say, than it's impossible for half of the teams to pass the exam.

Rock Lee: Not to mention we'll have less time to sleep or recover. That's quite a challenge!

(Rock Lee smiles brightly.)

Sasuke: Totally surrounded by enemies... there's no rest, and we're gonna have to keep constantly vigilant.

(As time passes, Ino and Sakura are seen exchanging barbs, Naruto and Hinata having a nice conversation, Shikamaru and Choji afraid to do something to stop Ino and Sakura from arguing. As everyone is done having a break, Anko announces the beginning of the second phase of Chunnin Exams as the contestants prepare themselves. Team 7 steps up into the area.)

Naruto: Alright, here we go!

(Team 8 is preparing themselves as well as Hinata uses her Byakugan. The three Grass Ninjas are looking for three rookies, Rock Lee is seen speeding up as Neji tries to calm him down, only for the former to reply to him, which causes him to call his teammate an idiot. The Sound Ninjas are seen concentrating at one specific target. One of the teams got caught by leeches and a trap as they scream in agony. Anko overheard the screams and chuckled.)

Anko: Looks like the fun started.

(Team 7 is seen in an specific area of The Forest of Death as Sakura becomes a little afraid. Naruto goes to find somewhere to make his needs, but he noticed a Rain Ninja trying to sneak on him and punches him as Sasuke and Sakura notice that.)

Sasuke: Looks like someone tried to catch Naruto off guard, and failed.

(Naruto then steps up again as he prepares to fight the Rain Ninja.)

Oboro: Alright, I got caught, so what? Even so, I'll take your scroll

Oboro: Alright, I got caught, so what? Even so, I'll take your scroll. Give it to me now, or else...

Naruto: (pulls out the Heaven Scroll) You want our scroll? (smirks) Why don't you come and get it?

Oboro: Good. Then I guess I'll have to finish you all!

(Oboro charges at the trio, but Sasuke performs his fire style jutsu.)

Sasuke: Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!

(Sasuke shoots several fireballs which Oboro dodges, but then Naruto charges at him and punches him in the gut before doing it 49 more times, and then he slams him into another tree. Oboro then decides to retreat.)

Naruto: (in mind) That was too much for him... for now!

(Then they have a little conversation.)

Sasuke: Well, it's possible that someone will try a different trick, probably pretending to be one os us. That's why we need to make sure that each of us is who claims to be, not impostors with transformation jutsu.

Sakura: What do we need.

Sasuke: We need a password.

Naruto: Password?

Sasuke: Yes, a secret one. Only the three of us know. We can't trust anyone else, no matter what.

(Then Sasuke says the password, and Naruto gives him the scroll before a needle hits his right cheek, and he easily takes it off.)

Naruto: What's this?

(Then a strong wind blows as the three try to keep themselves on their feet.)

(To be continued.)