Chapter 17: Naruto vs Sound Ninjas

(Naruto is seen guarding Sakura while she tends an unconscious Sasuke. Suddenly he feels a triple presence, and then he uses his Time Freeze Ability. As everything freezes, Naruto approaches the Sound Trio.)

Naruto: It must be them.

(He then punches both Dosu and Zaku before hitting Kin in the back of the head with a karate chop. As the Time Freeze fades out, Dosu and Zaku are blown away while Kin is simply knocked out.)

Naruto: (sees their headbands) No doubt. You must be the ones Orochimaru was referring to.

(Dosu's eyes widen as he realizes Naruto knows Orochimaru's plan while Zaku gets confused, and then Naruto smirks.)

Naruto: (to Zaku) I don't remember having punched your head to the point of making you confused... or did I?

(Zaku gets angry and tries to blow Naruto away, but the latter slowly approaches him, completely unharmed. Naruto then punches Zaku in the gut, making him cough blood. Dosu gets furious by seeing his teammate defeated and tries to use his technique to try to harm Naruto's eardrums, which doesn't work.)

Naruto: Was this supposed to harm me?

(Naruto then dashes at Dosu and punches him in the gut before hitting him from various directions, bringing him down. As Dosu is knocked down, Naruto inspects Dosu's bag as he finds the Earth Scroll.)

Naruto: I'm taking this.

(He then sees Kin waking up as he grabs both Dosu and Zaku before approaching her.)

Kin: Argh... what happened... that was all so quick...

Naruto: Ahem!

(Kin turns to see Naruto grabbing both Dosu and Zaku as she notices they got defeated by him, which causes her to gasp in shock.)

Naruto: Take them away from my sight, unless you wanna share their fates.

(Knowing she can't defeat Naruto, Kin nods in fear and carries both Dosu and Zaku before leaving. He sighs before reuniting with Sakura.)

Sakura: Did you take care of whatever was the problem?

Naruto: They weren't much of a big deal. Also... (pulls out the Earth Scroll) I got this.

Sakura: (smiles) Good to know.

Naruto: All we need to do is to wait until Sasuke recovers, and then we can get to the tower.

(Sakura nods, and suddenly Naruto's stomach growls.)

Naruto: (sighs) Great, my stomach is growling. (walks away) I'll get us some food.

(Naruto then goes to a nearby river, and then...)

Naruto: Shadow Clone Jutsu!

(Naruto uses his jutsu, and clones himself as they go to catch some fishes. Once they get 90 fishes, they decide to disappear as Naruto carries the fishes and brings them to Sakura and the recovered Sasuke.)

Sakura: Whoa, how come you caught so many fishes.

Naruto: I have my ways, that's how.

Sakura: I grabbed some logs. Perhaps Sasuke can help us with his Fireballs.

(One minute later, they are seen eating roasted fish, and once they're done, Naruto explains that he got the Earth Scroll from the Sound Trio who was planning to attack the team. They then finally decide to go to the tower as Karin is seen watching them from afar.)

Karin: Naruto... I can't wait to meet you again...

(She then leaves as the screen fades out.)