3

Charlotte sat in the kitchen alongside polly, conversing in small conversation as pol read the paper. "You never usually read the paper pol" charlotte commented as she brought bread and jam over to the table. "Well revolution, you've heard, Freddie thorne's bloody everywhere. probably why the coppers coming down, all these communists about" lottie bit her lip at the reference of the inspector her mind tracing to guns. Before she could reply ada strolled in gaining the woman's attention. "nice of you to join us" polly spoke addressing the girl, "well i couldn't sleep, then i was with a bear on a boat but that was just a dream, then i woke up and now i'm hungry" lottie sent a look to polly at her strange behaviour, she must of been hungry shoving the bread into her mouth as if it was to dissapear. "no one's gonna take it off ya ades" lottie jokingly remarked as she noticed the curious look on polly's face. "Stand up" "What?" "Stand up" ada reluctantly placed her food down before slowly standing up. Confusion was written over both the shelby and windsor girls face as polly grabbed her boob. "What ya doing?" ada laughed "How late are you?" only then did lottie understand what exactly pol was doing. sighing ada begun "a week, four, seven if you count the weekends...i got a prescription for iron tablets" "but they didn't work" lottie chimed in "no" to which polly only sighed in reply to "get dressed, i know a lady" lottie sent ada a sympathetic look due to the distressed expression on her face. Both shelby women were about to leave as ada turnt towards Charlotte. "Oh lottie, please please don't tell tommy, he'll kill him"
Charlotte sighed being almost 100% sure on who the father is "I won't ada, i wouldn't do that to you, now go on go with your aunt polly" charlotte sent her a reassuring smile "you can go from there" ada replied with a grateful smile before leaving the kitchen.

Lottie was at the garrison on her shift, but working would be an overstatement really she was sat in the snug caught up in conversation with the boys even though she insisted she had to get back to work, but that was half hour ago and now her,john and arthur were toppled over creasing at something pathetic john had said. "Well i tell ya, this reminds me of the old days us 3" arthur remarked as his laughter subsided "still bestmates us lot" lottie commented still giggling over their previous antics "we're your only mates that's why" john playfully replied. lottie feighned offence gasping loudly before lightly smacking him on the back of the head "fuck you" she laughed "im joking, i know you have millie, where is she nowadays anyway?" "dunno to be honest last i heard she was down in the countryside" john noticed the slight upset that flashed upon lotties face. "Well why don't me and you tonight lotts go to the pictures like we used to? go to the sweet shop and get all your favourites before,yeah?"
lottie flashed her signature pretty smile, "i like the sound of that very much johnny boy, i'll come see ada later and we can go from pols?"
"what's up with ada?" lottie bit her cheek before disguising her initial dread of the topic, already knowing what Tommy's reaction would be. "nothing can i not go and see my favourite shelby?" she attempted to lighten up the atmosphere. John dramatically gasped before pulling her towards him tussling her hand. "where's my invite?" arthur spoke interrupting their childish behaviour causing the pair to fill the room with laughter "your off to London with the toffs" lottie replied in an over the top posh accent "your what?" john questioned "yeah yeah,me and her brother are off to London town johnny boy, have you heard about the clubs down there?" Arthur replied with a smirk on his face "oh don't tell tommy, you'll give him ideas" lottie sighed "where's your boyfriend anyway?"
"oh i dunno john, always off doing something he shouldn't these days" "well that's tommy for ya" lottie half smiled "well I'm off got a pub to serve" "yeah don't forget about tonight" john shouted to make sure she heard him as she shut the door. " I won't!"

"i'm here for the job as a barmaid" a strong Irish accent caught charlottes attention as she lifted her head to face a pretty blonde girl, one she had never seen before. As someone who's considered a Shelby you could imagine she know's of pretty much everyone who walks into the garrison. "Vacancy's filled, jobs gone" harry stated before continuing to sweep the floor "but it was in yesterday's paper" harry sent a sympathetic look "your to...nice,to pretty" grace glanced over to charlotte almost astonished to see a girl with such beauty in a place like this. "well she's pretty and she works here"
"She's grown up round here, knows people"
"watch this" grace spoke with confidence and continued to give him a show that lottie had to bite back a laugh to. "Fine, start tomorra"
"This is Charlotte Windsor, you'll see a lot of her" grace sent a polite smile "nice to meet you" "you too..." "grace" lottie replied with the same smile to the girl who appeared harmless.