20

Charlotte had stayed for a couple more days before planning her descent back down to London, circumstances become more difficult when your a superstar and additionally London had become her home anyway, it was where her priorities now lay. Her interactions with Tommy had been kept to a minimum, only hello and goodbyes to keep the civility. In all honesty Tommy found it easier when she was away, although that didn't mean he preferred it. It was what could only be described as a sticky situation, he wanted her near to ensure she was safe because of course it meant he could keep a watchful eye on her however having her near meant he smelt her familiar scent, watched as she spoke through her plump lips and listened as the laugh that used to be his own personal ecstasy gracefully left her mouth. Each of these alone sent him insane, worsening his urge to grab her and silence all their issues with a simple kiss, one he knew would send them both weak but what he had to remember was that she was no longer his nor would she be again, as afar as they were both aware anyway.

Unfortunately now, Charlotte stood alongside Ada who streamed next to her,facing her husbands coffin. Sighing heavily, charlotte linked her arm in ada's squeezing it lightly and kissing her hair as both their attention diverted to tommy as he spoke.
The pair now stood as Charlotte held Karl in her arms,glancing over to Polly and Tommy as they spoke, it presumably looked like a significant conversation,however the serious expression on their face's didn't come as a surprise to charlotte, they were at a funeral after all. Although it would be naive to forget, she knows tommy very well and that certain look he held on his face meant one thing and one thing only, business.
"at a funeral" she scoffed, earning a perplexed look from ada as she muttered under her breath. "eh?" she spoke in confusion. "your brother, come on" gesturing her head towards the pair, linking her arm with the Shelby girl once again as they made their way over.
As they reached the aunt and nephew, Charlotte made a conscious effort to remain the opposite side of ada, furthest away from tommy. However this didn't work well in her favour as it now meant she was stood opposite him, a victim to the all so familiar look he had always given her. As if saved by the bell, she fought the urge to release a sigh of relief as someone had diverted tommy's attention, albeit it didn't look like it was for a good reason. Keeping her eye on him she watched as his face contorted slightly before he nodded his head, and the person descended. Swallowing her better nature, she unlinked her arm from ada's as she made her way round to tommy, tapping him on the arm gently.
"What's the matter?" she questioned, her eyes dancing over his face, not missing how his eye's consumed with emotion for a split second before he cleared his throat and returned to his stoic expression.
"someone's blown up the garrison" he spoke under his breath, his aunt and sister remaining to busy with a conversation of their own. "what?" she bluntly replied, confusion written all over her tone. "they've blown up our pub" he reiterated with a nod of his head, before glancing away from her afraid that if he didn't, he'd most likely do something he'd regret if he continued to stare at them eyes of hers. "who would do that?" she frowned,searching for any dishonesty as he spoke.
"i think i may have an idea" he replied exhaling smoke. "but you can sort it right?" she questioned in an attempt to clarify her own thoughts.
"sort what?" pol furrowed her eyebrows alongside her question, fighting the urge to smile at the pair's interaction. Although her hopeful narrative was destroyed when they both faced her with a sour look on their face. "someone's blown up our pub."

Tommy had grown accustomed to the eyes Charlotte had on her at all times, in all the years they were together there had been countless amount of times were charlotte would have to prevent tommy from kicking off at the men who held their eye on her for a little to long for his liking, although majority of the time he could settle it with placing his hand on the small of her back or taking her hand in his. However circumstances had quite obviously faltered, now she held others attention not just because she was beautiful but because of who she was. It wasn't just her who walked beside Thomas, it was the legacy she carried. Additionally, he couldn't deter this with an action that clarified she was his, because she wasn't. Of course he was aware of that, but it bothered him anyway, specifically because the majority doing so knew the history between the two, they were in small heath after all.
Quite frankly, it pissed him off that they even had the nerve to undress her with their eyes right in-front of him, the women who owned his heart for over a decade, and arguably still did.
Swallowing his thoughts, he glanced over to her once more before they both descended towards the garrison, polly in check. Gasping at the sight of the pub, charlotte was pulled out of her thought's by moss who was offering his hand so she could make it over the small barrier that surrounded the wreckage with no trouble.
"It's lovely to see you again, Miss Windsor" moss smiled, with a polite nod of his head. Charlotte only briefly smiled in return, didn't you have me held up in a cell with an inspector when i was nobody. It was one thing that got to charlotte the most, false people, that had risen from the woodworks ever since she became who she is now. However arguably, she had never been "nobody" even before she rose to the top of the world of fame she already stood at the top of another empire, one not as legal, one run by the once love of her life.
Charlotte felt slightly saddened as she glanced up at the now remains of the pub that once stood, yes she now had bigger and better things, but she had always enjoyed majority of her time there and it undeniably held a bundle of memories she had shared with the Shelby's.
Although, truthfully she almost felt slightly relieved that the place that held that last memory of her tommy was now blown up in to pieces, almost acting as a metaphorical relief that all memories of grace, tommy and herself were now diminished. Another day, another internal scolding as she reminded herself that she practically allowed herself to be in some sort of bloody love triangle. Never Again.
"i'd say it was something to do with the gas, just been fitted" tommy stated, pulling charlotte out of her thoughts once again. The three of them watching as polly made her way towards the ruins. "this is all over the place" she perplexed, making her way back to where they all stood. "confetti" she added. Sighing, Charlotte stepped back slightly before squeezing Tommy's arm gently to gain his attention. "be careful" she spoke with the raise of her eyebrows, before she turned around and descended away from him.
He was more then aware she had little to no interest in this side of things anymore, not that she did before but she has things to lose this time, she can't be seen caught up in situations like this, although it still baffles him that she knew him so well. She knew within the hour he'd be somewhere dealing with the root of the problem without a doubt, all with no words spoken.