23

Two weeks, twenty thousand minutes, and over one million seconds since Tommy and Charlotte's last interaction, a bittersweet one at that.
Now Charlotte found herself once again accompanying the small heath streets, since Tommy had left her apartment a few weeks ago she insisted that she wouldn't return to Small Heath for a while, in hopes that all of this would blow over and she'd fall back into the life she was comfortably living months ago,one without Tommy. However of course, we don't live in an ideal world and somehow the city had pulled on it's strings and worked it's withdrawing magic,resulting in her return.
The underlying problem here was that she wasn't mad,disappointed, eager to escape but instead was pleased more then anything, pleased that it had worked it's magic and fate led her back. This time was unique to others, she didn't allow her better nature to make itself known, resulting in her rush to leave and her distance from Tommy. No, this time she did what she wanted to, stay. stay for as-long as she desired to, she was listening to the powerful tune of her heart and not her head. An act that led to utter heartbreak before hand, but she didn't want to just survive comfortably, she wanted to live happy, and the answer to that?
Tommy Shelby.

"You coming to the garrison re-opening later dolly?" Arthur questioned as all three Shelby brother's and herself made their way towards the watery lane home. "course she is" john interrupted before the brunette could even get a word in.
Giggling in response, charlotte glanced to tommy for a second who held a ghost smile on his face at the sound. "yes i am, not that i had a choice anyway" she chuckled, walking in-between the pair, tommy very slightly behind.
The ex lover's seemed to have come to some sort of civility, the situation wasn't spoken of and the constant tension that hang in air was slowly dissipating, and it was nice, for everyone.
"run for the hills it's digbeth kid" Arthur bellowed playfully, pointing his gun towards charlotte and john.
"you'll have to catch us first!" Charlotte giggled, grabbing johns arm and legging it down watery lane. A faint smile came about Tommy's face as he watched john throw charlotte over his shoulder, the pair full of laughter.
"oi, your meant to be on my side" charlotte scowled, gently tapping his back for him to put her down. "i am" he chuckled,hoisting them both towards the home as he ran, Arthur in suit.
"get outta town kid, or i'll shoot your fookin head off" john joked, now entering the home. "john put me down" charlotte struggled, consumed with laughter. Although she was pleasantly surprised when he did so without question, however she very rapidly realised why when she noticed polly's company, Michael.
"your dead go down" Arthur frowned, before slowly facing his aunt polly, soon placing his gun back where it was as the three stifled their laughter.
"right then polly, who's this?" Arthur question, a slight smirk on his face as Charlotte smoothed out her dress.
"gentlemen, this is your cousin" tommy answered, gesturing his head towards Micheal. Charlotte sent a genuine smile polly's way in realisation, it only widening when she saw the glisten of pride in her eyes.
Walking towards the Shelby's brothers, Michael held his hand out, shaking the pair's hands. "pleased to meet you"
"well we met when i used to throw you out the window so john could catch ya" Arthur stated, as a wide smile came about Michael's face. "yeah i used to put you in a shoebox and kick ya down watery lane" john added, as charlotte laughed. "bet your glad to be back" tommy sarcastically chuckled, before noticing Michael's attention fall on Charlotte. "i've seen you in the pictures" Michael perplexed, the room filling with chuckles. "I'm Charlotte, i used to babysit you with tommy but you wouldn't remember that" she smiled, as he smiled in clear confusion.
"her mother was the boy's mother's best friend, they've grown up together" polly stated, clearing the air of unanswered questions. Nodding in realisation, he couldn't help but hold a small expression of awe. "don't get to high in your thoughts Michael, she was with tommy for years" john playfully spoke, the boys face turning slightly pink as small chuckles once again filled the room, tommy's face even holding a small smirk.

"Lottie girlll" John addressed the Windsor girl as she made her way over to the table he was sat on. "john boy" she smiled before tussling Finns hair "i'd be abit more discreet with that whiskey if you don't want ya brother to take it off you" charlotte spoke, glancing over to tommy who was mid conversation. "i've already told 'im that" john rolled his eyes, earning a laugh from under her breath. "what do you think of me pub?" Arthur made his presence known as he pulled her under his arm, a broad smile on his face.
"it's very" "gold" Arthur finished for her, a small laugh leaving her lips. "yes" "well it suit's you then don't it Lottie" john playfully spoke, watching as she rolled her eyes in response.
Before she could reply, she felt arms pull her into their own.Within seconds Charlotte was aware of who it was, simply due to their signature perfume.
"Ada!" she smiled, pulling her into another hug at the realisation. "i didn't know you were going to be here tonight" charlotte smiled once again, matching the wide smile the Shelby girl also held. "neither did i, last minute thing" she chuckled, gesturing her head towards tommy with a playful roll of her eyes.
"how are you ades?" charlotte questioned, searching for any dishonesty as she spoke. "i'm doing well, i promise" she nodded in reassurance. "i'm glad"
"how about you Lottie, how are you doing, really?" the Shelby girl further questioned. "i'm okay, always better when i'm home" the pair not missing the ulterior meaning behind the last statement. "i think i know the reasoning for that" ada nodded with the raise of her eyebrows. "you need to let it go ades" she chuckled "it's done" Charlotte shrugged, although she wasn't even sure if she meant the words leaving her own mouth.
"you two were the example of love i've always looked up to, don't let time fool you into thinking you didn't have something extraordinary" ada sighed, taking Charlotte aback slightly at the strong statement. However before she could even process what to respond, ada smirked. "incoming" she smiled before leaving the brunette girl in pure confusion.