6

Tommy had begun his descent down to London, filled with apprehension as he imagined all the scenarios he may be walking into. The main one being, Charlotte and Alfie hitting it off,if you like. Tommy had heard word of Alfie Solomons, a unique character to say the least but apparently so he had a way with his words. Insecure would never be a word to describe Tommy, he was quite the opposite actually but when it came to Charlotte things were slightly different.Insecure would be the wrong word, but he was afraid of losing her in fact it was one of his biggest fears, fear and tommy never mixes well, it eats at him and gets inside his head. So rationally thinking, of course Alfie Solomon's wasn't going to walk in there and steal charlottes heart but rationally thinking was some thing tommy was most certainly not doing.

As Tommy sat and dwelled on his thoughts, Charlotte was having a wonderful time completely oblivious that her boyfriend was about to waltz in prepared for the worst. She sat sipping her gin and tonic Alfie had just bought her before he left simply claiming he as a respectful man should buy a respectable lady a drink, that was all it was before he disappeared into the bustling crowd with not even a second thought from Charlotte, who just assumed he was a kind man who got her out of trouble.
Millie was about to order the pair another set of drinks before she noticed Charlottes face form into one of confusion, turning around she watched as the crowd split into two, most likely due to them who recognised the man or purely out of fear, paving the way for Thomas Shelby himself.

Tommy pushed past the bouncers before even a word was uttered, quickening his pace as he examined the room for his girl. However he felt his body physically relax as he found her sat at the bar with millie, confusion written all over her face.
The crowd returned to normal, taking the attention away from Charlotte and Tommy as he made his way over to her.
"Tommy? What you doing here?" she half laughed so it wouldn't  be uncomfortable for her best-friend next to her, who looked just as confused.
He run his hand down her arm, relieved she wasn't caught up in trouble or sat in the lap of Alfie Solomon's.
"I heard there was trouble, wanted to come and check on ya." he spoke still keeping his eye out for a certain someone.
"Trouble what do you mean? there's been none of that tom." only adding to her confusion.
"Millie" tommy nodded his head towards the girl "nice to see you back with Lottie" Millie only smiled "Hiya Tom" although it was fairly obvious Tommy's attention was still solely on his girl.
"I'm really sorry mill, i'll be with you in a minute" Lottie apologetically smiled before pulling Tommy away from other ears.
"What's going on tommy?" he only pulled her towards him kissing her head, taking in the familiar smell of her shampoo. "Nothin lotts, just glad your alright." he lit a smoke before continuing as he noticed the unsatisfied look on her face.
"heard there was certain people here, didn't want you near em without me here" Charlotte only sighed, not bothering to cause an argument because she knew it was only out of concern. "You don't need to worry about me all the time tom, you know i can handle my own" she laughed as the pair simultaneously thought back to when charlotte used to end up in all kinds of fights with girls who ever showed interest in tommy, before she quite evidently matured, and instead now frowned upon unneeded drama over men. "I know,come here" pulling her towards him by her waist as she placed her hands round his neck, giving him a quick kiss before pulling away, much to tommy's dismay.
"Millie's waiting for me tom, she's sat on her own" he quickly glanced over to her an amused look taking over his face. "Is she?" frowning charlotte looked over to find Millie laughing with a handsome man who had taken a seat in-front of her. "fair play" she laughed also amused. Just as she was about to speak to tommy, a girl caught her eye who was looking at him as if she was undressing him with her eyes.
Tommy took notice of the sour look that had now accompanied her beautiful face, turning around to meet the girl who looked him up and down with a slight smirk on her face.
He placed his hand around Charlotte's waist before squeezing it slightly
"Leave it Lottie" charlotte only scoffed keeping her gaze fixed on the girl.
"She can clearly fucking see me" she spoke as the blonde girl rose to her feet walking towards the pair, as charlotte went to walk forward tommy pulled her behind him, keeping a firm grip on her hand. As much as tommy knew charlotte cringed at matters like this, he also knew she wouldn't let someone disrespect her or her boyfriend like that, and when her switch is flipped, she show's why she's tommy shelby's girlfriend.
"Tommy let go of me, let me see what she has to say" to which he only shook his head to "not worth it Lottie"
"so i take it this is your girlfriend, seeing as she's been giving me the evils for the last two minutes." a highpitched voice caught both of their attentions.
Charlotte let out a bitter laugh, but before she could reply the blonde spoke once again.
"I got word of who you was, Thomas Shelby if i'm not mistaken, and then i realised she must of been your didicoy whore" in a matter of seconds charlotte threw herself at the blonde, head butting her as if it was light work.
However before the situation could escalate tommy threw Charlotte over his shoulder,gesturing for millie to follow him before leaving the club.