18

...TWO YEARS LATER

The Roaring Twenties had commenced, an era that oozed excitement, wild youth and prosperity. A time that allowed care free living and contentment after the great war, allowing the world of music and film to arise. Alongside the rise of these excitable worlds, was the rise of new and upcoming talents who made the pair happen. A new concept to the majority, stars. Talents that would take the world by storm, creating a name for themselves and earning the undivided attention of the public as they became a prominent figure in the industry. As you might of guessed, the most dazzling star of them all, was Charlotte Windsor.

And god had Charlotte taken the world by storm, her beauty and undeniable talents had earned her, her rightful place in the upcoming industry. She had risen alongside it, introducing the excitable world, to the world.
In doing so, she had soon become the face of the roaring twenties.
Gasps and Whispers contaminated any room she walked into, igniting a storm of cameras and a light show of flashes just by her presence, if not before it was undeniable now that any man that lived and breathed, desired a chance with The Charlotte Windsor.

When arriving to London, Charlotte was a mess to put it lightly. She felt out of place and god she missed home, and of course there was a certain someone that she missed above all. Although them days were done and simply just a distant memory now. As the weeks passed she felt herself becoming accustomed to her new way of life, accepting what had happened and looking forward to what was to be.
Herself and Millie had settled their differences, moving in together and gradually starting to enjoy the city life.
One Friday night,the girls had followed out their usual routine in attending one of Alfie Solomons clubs, sipping their drinks and conversing in slightly flirtatious small talk with respectable men around them, it was something Charlotte was able to do now however it certainly didn't mean that it wasn't a foreign concept that she was single and didn't have Tommy Shelby by her side, as she always had done.
As the night continued,Charlotte couldn't help but feel as if eyes were watching her, searing into her skin, she was proven correct when her eyes met an elder man who evidently had money dripping off him, his attire and aura spoke a thousand words. Smiling politely in an attempt to steer him away, she mentally scowled herself as she watched him rise from his seat,descending towards her.
"Good evening" he addressed her, politeness riddling his tone "Good evening"  she smiled as he picked up her hand, polite fully kissing it.
"May i buy you a drink?" he asked, however there was no flirtatious tone in his voice, to charlotte he just seemed extremely polite. "You may" she chuckled, receiving her drink and thanking him. "can you sing miss...?"
"Windsor" she nodded, smiling before she thought slightly about his peculiar question.
"Well i suppose" she giggled
"i enjoy it"  "Well Miss Windsor" he nodded, sliding a business card along the bar in her direction. "I have an upcoming film that's in need of it's star, and it seems the women i've envisioned for the role is stood right in-front of me" he spoke, a mix of disbelief and hope consuming his voice. "Your eyes could tell a thousand different stories of their own, you have potential Miss Windsor, at-least think about it." he propositioned to the now star struck women who stood in-front of him, before smiling and exiting the club, leaving an extremely confused yet elated Charlotte.

With immense amounts of encouragement from Millie, Charlotte had followed through with his proposition, hesitantly and doubtful that she would even hear from anyone in return. However, within just a few days someone was in contact and before she knew it she was sailed off to Hollywood to shoot the film of the year.
Of course, the film had been a huge success, reaching a viewership of millions and millions. Launching Charlotte into what she was unaware to be a highly successful career. After the film was released, Charlotte was hounded by directors who were desperate for the film star, enticed by her talents and beauty because it was undeniable that the film had been such a success, due to it's lead role.
Returning to London, Charlotte was surprised to see the majority of the city had recognised her ,whispering and flaunting as she walked pass, she really was the apple of the public's eye and quite frankly, it was bloody well deserved.