9

please remember that scenes may be slightly out of order to fit this story better however the book still follows the plot of season 1-6 <3
                                   -
Later on that night, Charlotte had spent the entirety of the evening with her brother, john and Arthur. Rinsing the garrison of their drink supply as they reminisced.
It was something she found herself doing frequently, she couldn't deny that she didn't miss the way life was before the war, spending every minute with millie and the Shelby boys simply enjoying every day as it came, however times had changed and they were simply distant memories now.

Sipping her drink, charlotte laughed alongside the boys as they breezed over different stories of their childhood,of course the conversation had fell onto a particular memory,a personal favourite of charlottes.
Summer 1906
The Shelby's, Windsors and Millie made their way towards the meadow they frequently visited during the summer, polly's picnic blanket under Arthur's arm, Alexandra's sandwich basket in charlottes hand, her other in tommy's. It was the hottest day Birmingham had seen in many summers, meaning the girls could work on the tan their sixteen year old self's were obsessing about and the boys could fuck about in the river that run throughout the meadow.
The teenagers often opted to escape small heath's pollution and take the short walk to "Millie's Meadow" as they called it ,due to her grandfather owning the land. The water was almost sparkling, drastically contrasting from the cut that ran through small heath, the grass was a vibrant green, often reminding tommy of his girlfriends eyes.
The birds sang as if there was no tomorrow, bringing a certain peace to charlotte as she lay alongside millie in hopes of improving their tans.
"i heard what happened with beth court yesterday" millie laughed an amused look on her face
"well she shouldn't of tried it on with my tommy then" charlotte scoffed, almost in disbelief that a girl would even try it
"I'm telling you now lottie, you'll be together forever" the blonde suddenly saddened, a straight look on her face
"oh i dont know, i hope so" lottie blushed glancing over to tommy who only had his shorts on, a tan accompanying his upper body as he laughed at john attempting to drown jordan. "excuse me" millie coughed extracting lottie from her daydream.
"sorry" charlotte blushed, before double looking her bestfriend
"what's the straight face for?" she wearily asked, afraid she might of upset her
"I want what you two have" she muttered avoiding charlottes eye in slight embarrassment
"oh don't give me that" the brunette laughed "tell me about harry court then, that beth's brother" she added.
Before Millie could continue, the pair laughed as they watched tommy run up the slight hill, dripping from head to toe, his hair pushed back. Charlottes face dropped as it dawned on her what he was about to do, soaking wet tommy threw himself on top of charlotte, shaking his hair in hopes to get the girl drenched.
Gasping loudly at the sudden temperature change, she instinctively tried to push tommy off her unfortunately for lottie he didn't move even a centimetre. "Tommyyy" she giggled still attempting to get him off of her, however his arms were still locked behind her head holding his weight as he scanned her up and down, laughing she winked at him eager to wind him up, she could recognise that look anyday.
"Get a room" John laughed as he appeared above the hill, picking up the picnic basket and running back towards the water. Although he didn't quite make it, stacking it right over his own feet causing the group to fall into deep laughter. "Way up john,on your feet" charlotte laughed "what id tell you about falling for my lottie" tommy added only causing the pair to fall into another set of uncontrollable laughter.
Millie glanced at the couple, amused they found themselves so funny before looking back over to john "will you two stop taking the piss out of me" he laughed, getting back on his feet descending towards the water.
Tommy lifted his head from charlottes chest, as he layed in-between her legs
"Oi what you doing with that" he bellowed referring to the picnic basket
"You'll see" johns voiced died out as he got further away from them.
Tommy sat in the same position, secretly invested in the girls gossip as he sat and listened about who and what. "Can't you stay away from your girlfriend for two minutes?" Arthur questioned approaching the group, before tommy could think twice Arthur had dumped the entirety of the water that had filled the picnic basket over Tommy's head, half of it landing over charlotte.
Dramatically gasping, charlotte grabbed the basket from Arthur running towards the river, filling its entire contents up with water. Expecting Arthur to be behind her she launched the water at his face, only laughing more when she saw the feigned offended look on her boyfriends face instead. Tutting tommy shook his head,
"tommy i thought it was ya brother" charlotte spoke inbetween her laughs, unable to hold his laughter as he watched his girl, tommy ran towards her effortlessly throwing her over his shoulder before sending the pair straight underneath the water. Rising to the surface, charlotte glanced at everyone who now joined them, evidently in a water fight of their own, breaking away from tommy charlotte increased the space between them. "come on then tommo" she playfully laughed, watching as he descended towards her.