25

Happy. Charlotte was Happy. There was no ultimatum she felt she had to give herself, there was no niggling thought in the back of her head, one equivalent to an ant bite. An Irritatingly bothersome thought that was always negative, and always made her feel as if she was constantly making the wrong decision. There was none of that.

Now a genuine smile laced her face, as she stood with her arm linked in Tommy's, her head rested on his shoulder as she gradually let her exhaustion creep up on her.
As Tommy spoke with his brothers, she let her mind grace to the hours that had just passed. One thing that was certainly not missed was the constant looks the pair were receiving from the Shelby's. They were expression's that could only be described as relief, and pure joy. As well as a hint of nostalgia, undeniably though,after all it had been a while since they had witnessed Tommy and Charlotte like this, but nethertheless they were more then pleased. His Aunt Polly already claimed she's noticed the difference in him, for the good of course.
At that simple thought, Charlotte held the small smile on her face that never faltered, glancing up to Tommy as he spoke.
Tapping him gently, she fought an even wider smile at how she had caught his full attention within a fraction of a second. "I forgot i was meant to pop into see Mrs Davis today, i'm going to go do that quickly and i'll meet you back here?" she prospered, reminding herself of the elder lady she treasured.
"Alright sweetheart, i'll pick you up though, don't want you walking back in the dark." he spoke with certainty, brushing his hand over hers.
"Okay" she smiled sweetly, rising on her toes to place a tender kiss on his lips, caressing her cheek he sent her a wink as she pulled away.
"go on then you" he chuckled lovingly, his eyes not leaving her frame until she was completely out of sight.
"You got your girl back,brother." Arthur smiled, a somewhat proud smile at that. "She's a good girl, but you already know that" Arthur attempted to advise. "So don't fuck it up again" John shouted with the raise of his glass from the other side of the bar, sparing Tommy from his drunk brother's speech.
Rising his glass to his mouth, Tommy hid his smile behind it.
Warmth, Thomas felt Warmth.

"Hi Mrs Davis" Charlotte sweetly called out as she opened the elder woman's door, instantly noticing the comforting smell of her home. "Charlotte, My sweet girl" she smiled, rising from her seat and pulling the girl into a warm hug.
Charlotte couldn't exactly pin point how she knew Mrs Davis, being most certain she was probably acquaintances with her mother. However she did know that Mrs Davis had lived on watery lane for Charlotte's whole life,or at-least for as-long as she could remember. Evidently Charlotte had kept in touch with her, popping in every now and then to check how she was. "How are you, My dear?" Mrs Davis questioned, taking her seat once again. "I'm very well thank you" Charlotte smiled, watching as the woman scanned her.
"you look much better, you have that glow back of yours since i last saw you" she sighed, seemingly relieved.
On the other hand, Charlotte fought a wince as she recalled when she had last returned to see Mrs Davis, it had been in the midst of her mid life crisis you could say, when she was adamant that following her head rather then her heart was the rightful thing. However, she was simply miserable, and quite evidently as-well.
"Am i right in thinking this has something to do with the soldier?" she questioned, a small smile on her face.
Biting her lip slightly, Charlotte's cheeks turnt rosy at the mention, widening Mrs Davis smile.
"Yes it does" she chuckled, glancing down to the floor.
"you forgave him?" she perplexed, keeping the continuous small smile on her face.
Swallowing lightly, Charlotte met the woman's gaze. "i did, he's changed" she nodded, fortunately not feeling like she had to reassure Mrs Davis, if anything she looked overjoyed for the Windsor girl. "And is he sorry?" she frowned, brushing her hand over charlotte's.
Smiling lightly, she nodded once more.
"He is, he definitely is" she spoke confidently, picking at her freshly painted nails.
"It's clear he loves you, especially after all that time" the elder reassured, watching with a warm look in her eyes at how Charlotte's eyes beamed at the comment.
"Charlotte" Mrs Davis spoke, earning a curious look from her. "Yes?" she gently replied.
"I lost my soldier and i'd do anything to have him back, go and get yours." she voiced, watching Charlotte's eyes fill with emotion.
"That'll be him" she giggled, referencing to the knock at the door.
"i haven't been here long, i can tell him to go back-?" she rushed out, before being swiftly cut off.
"No my dear" she simply shook her head. "go and get your soldier" she repeated once more, now just above a whisper. She followed her out to the door, where Tommy stood.
"Tommy" charlotte smiled as she opened the door, Mrs Davis in view.
"This is Mrs Davis,i'm sure you'll remember her" she spoke sweetly, watching as the elderly woman's eye's danced all over him.
"Hello Mrs Davis" he nodded his head towards her. "lovely to see you again"
"Ah so your her soldier" she muttered, as tommy sent charlotte an amused smile. "I suppose i am" his eyes danced with amusement,charlotte chuckling in addition. "You look after her Thomas" Mrs Davis smiled, watching as Charlotte grabbed his hand.
"you have my word" he spoke, subconsciously stroking his thumb over her hand in his. "Goodbye Mrs Davis, it was lovely to see you." Charlotte smiled for the nth time in her company.
"Goodbye my Dear." she smiled, sweetly watching them both disappear into the night, hand in hand.