8

One thing Charlotte could pride Billy Kimber on, was his beautiful house. It truly was astonishing enough to make one's jaw drop. However descending down the driveway Charlotte was doing anything but enjoying herself, first of all she couldn't believe tommy had agreed,to let her step foot near Kimber without him being ear shot distance let alone attend his house
unaccompanied,it was completely out of tommy's character. However swallowing her thoughts she plastered a fake smile on her face,ready to entertain whatever shitty business idea she assumed tommy had sent her on.

Finishing up with Kimber's accountant, Tommy was aware the brief meeting had exceeded the amount he told his girl he would be by a significant amount. Looking over to the bar, he faltered in his steps slightly not seeing Charlotte in the initial place he had left her, to cure the dreaded thoughts that had contaminated his mind he reminded himself that she had most likely grown impatient deciding to go and look for his brothers instead. To accommodate his theory, he scanned the crowd for Billy Kimber however his eyes were unsuccessful, failing to spot the man. Growing slightly panicked he continued to scan the crowd more intently, this time in search for Charlotte, his rising worry was interrupted by Arthur who had noticed the somewhat panicked look take place on tommys face.
"What's the matter, brother?" Arthur raised his voice so tommy could clearly hear him over the gramophone.
"Lottie.Where's Lottie?" he rushed out eager to find her and squash the slightly alarming situation.
"Last i saw of her, she was with you?"a questioning expression replaced arthur's usual smirk, as he wondered why tommy assumed she may be in danger.
Scanning tommy's face, he could practically see the clocks working as if he was putting two and two together.
"What you thinking, eh?" his brother further questioned, growing agitated that tommy was leaving him in the dark, he wearily watched following his eyeline to meet a barmaid, a blonde barmaid.

Tommy's face held an indecipherable look, one that could only be correlated to an expression that screamed, JackPot.
"Kimber."
"Get everyone 'ome and don't say a word of this to anyone you hear me?" tommy spoke, panic riddling his voice.
"yeah alright tommy, what's going on?" Arthur once again tried his luck, hopeful for a slight explanation.
"Go" tommy only gestured his head towards the door before making a bee line to grace.
Grace's facial expression, held a stark contrast to Tommy's. Hers could only be described as over the moon, but of course that would come down to the fact that she believed she had tommy to herself. However she was very quickly brought down to earth as the Shelby man approached her in a frantic state.
"Lottie where is she? you must of seen her leave" he spat scanning her face for hints of dishonesty. Although grace was completely truthful, in hopes that tommy believed Charlotte snuck off with Kimber unfaithfully, she clearly didn't know tommy very well then.
"She left. That way with Mr Kimber" she voiced confidentiality, so much so tommy could've sworn he heard the smirk on her voice.
Un-interested in Graces petty behaviour, he quickly left with a small nod of the head leaving a comical distasteful look on the blonde's face.

"Your house is beautiful, Mr Kimber" Charlotte politely smiled desperately trying to hide her confusion as they entered a room with a pool table, definitely not a table one would have dinner on.
"Told ya you'd like it didn't i" he boastfully bellowed earning a slight nod concealing how she had initially cringed at his attempt to impress her
"Mr Kimber, are we not supposed to have dinner?" she asked, internally wincing as she watched his facial expression darken
"Im going to dance with ya, alright?" he shot back at her, although it was evident that it was in fact a rhetorical question and she had no say in the matter. Subtly taking a few steps back she grimaced at his choice of song, an intimate slow dance was often paired with it and honestly she couldn't think of anything worse in that current moment.

In an attempt to lighten the atmosphere, she chuckled "the music's  to slow, put on a charlestone" ignoring her comment he objectively looked her up and down, kissing his teeth. "look at you, like a bloody filmstar or a fucking model with them legs" he voiced grabbing her by her waist to pull her towards him, in a rapid attempt to get free of his touch she pulled away claiming she needed a cigarette.
One thing Kimber most likely wasn't used to was rejection, most ladies saw him for his money and not the filthy pig he really is. He wasn't taking to Charlotte's un interested behaviour very well, it was written all over his face , he didn't feel power like his misogynistic self usually did. In a matter of seconds he had picked up a glass,watching as it ricocheted over the brown floor boards, striving to alternate the situation so he was in full control again.
"Pick it up" Charlotte's face flashed one of disbelief at the man's behaviour.
"Pick it up yourself" she muttered, not thinking before she spoke.
She soon regretted her decisions as Kimber pushed her with force over the pool table, watching as she struggled.
Charlotte's heart came to her mouth feeling more defenceless by the second however before she could process what was going on, she jolted her head towards the door visibile relaxing when her eyes met her boyfriends.