4

certain scenes may be very slightly out of order however the book still follows the plot of season 1 so bare with me<3
-
As you might of guessed, undoubtedly them coppers never saw the morning but instead found themselves engulfed in water with stones tied to their feet, not before tommy had his way with them of course.
Charlotte's face had healed nicely only leaving her with a faint purple bruise under her left eye,other then that she was pretty much back to her usual self.

Tommy and Charlotte sat in her kitchen as she made breakfast for the pair, humming lowly to a song that was stuck in her head. "Lottie" tommy voiced not taking his eyes off her as she turnt round. "Yes?"
"You know i love you right?" charlottes face slightly faltered in confusion at the random comment. Before the war and slightly after tommy never faltered in his affection towards the girl, keeping his eyes on her at all times, gently brushing his hand on her waist as she walked past, looking at her is if she was the most beautiful thing that had graced the planet as she spoke,which in his eyes, and many others much to his dimay, she was. However as of recently he had found himself caught up in business and guns, specifically after they got to charlotte, his lottie that he hadn't been able to spend as much time with the girl. Although the fact he was undeniably in love with her was still blatantly obvious to others, he knew charlotte had noticed a slight change in their relationship, seeing as she was the one on the receiving end of course.
She was also well aware of the amount of women that would fall at tommy's feet with a click of his finger, however it didn't make her jealous it only made her worry, that he would break her heart and she wouldn't have her tommy, but they were fairly rare passing thoughts that she would brush off as if dust on her shoulder.
Although tommy wasn't fully aware of this, he knew that if roles were reversed he would be feeling the same, it was the little things that bothered him. When he would return home and she would already be asleep his dinner wrapped up for him on the side but there was one particular time that had got to him. He had returned back to her house after a long day ,walking into the kitchen to grab a glass of whiskey before noticing fresh red roses in a vase Tommy's mother had gifted Alexandra all them years ago, alongside a candle that had clearly been blown out a while ago in between two sets of cutlery. She had evidently planned for them to eat dinner together like they always had done on Friday nights, although it was now a rare occasion it was almost sentimental to the pair and it pained him to imagine her blowing the candle out and heading up to bed, alone.
"I should hope you do" charlotte laughed not wanting to address the underlying issue in their relationship
"I'm being serious Lottie, don't want you thinking any different,do i?" earning a sigh from Lottie as she sat down "I just want to see more of you tom, your gone when i wake up most days, not there when i fall asleep" tommy brushed his hand over the back of her head, leaving it on the back of her chair "I know I know, and i'm sorry i promise you once all this business is done, you'll have me all back to yourself" Lottie half smiled "well you better, got me forgetting i have a boyfriend most days"
"well i don't want that eh? don't want you running off and leaving me for a banker with a easy life" the pair laughed before charlotte replied " i could never leave you tommy, love you to much don't i"
"well good, thought you'd fallen out of love with me" tommy spoke,half joking.
"that'd be the bloody day!" Lottie laughed rising from the table and returning back to her previous activities.

The couple walked into Polly's, having planned to pop in before tommy walked her to the garrison so she could attend her shift. "Hello Pol" Lottie smiled placing her bag down "Lottie darling, how are you?" polly asked her almost in a concerned tone "M'fine pol, why wouldn't i be?" polly smiled once again in a sympathised manner.
"No reason,would you mind checking if Finn's finished his food in there for me sweet?" "of course" Lottie smiled before leaving the room.
"Thomas" polly scolded earning a confused look from tommy. "Yes?"
"Overheard the boys teasing about you and this new barmaid last night. You tell her or you keep well away, do not break that girls heart." polly spoke referring to charlotte, unbeknownst to the pair Lottie had returned rather quickly with Finn's plate in her hand, able to hear the whole conversation.
"S'not like that pol, you know i love her"
"love is a word Thomas, it loses it's meaning when there's no actions to attend to it. I'm warning you now, you'll lose her and you'll bloody regret it" polly spoke in a hushed but menacing tone
"I know." was all tommy replied before clearing his throat as charlotte walked in, acting as if she had not heard a thing.
"I'll be off to my shift now, you coming?" she spoke referencing to tommy.
"Yeah come on i'll walk ya" heading towards the door not before sending a glance to polly who stood with a disapproving look on her face.