10

Tommy's mind was clouded the whole day, he frustratingly couldn't shake what Freddie had said. He wasn't doubting himself as such, he knew he was in love with Charlotte but he couldn't lie and say grace didn't intrigue him,however curiosity and love couldn't even be compared and that was all it was,curiosity.

Tommy watched as the rain fled the clouds, heavily pounding into the ground. He let his mind wander to Charlotte,he hadn't seen much of her that day and as much as he'd hate to admit it, he missed her. Of course he loved Charlotte but one thing that differentiated her from anyone else was Tommy enjoyed spending time with her, he laughed, he didn't even as much glance at the time when with her and he very rarely let his mind be contaminated with business as it always was, he let himself breath. It was pleasurable for his family also, charlotte brought their tommy back, the one before the war who lit up a room just by walking in it. Tommy was well aware of it too, he reminded himself of how he used to be, the boy who would stay up till early hours in the morning just so he could spend more time with his girlfriend even if it meant he would get a scolding from his aunt polly when he returned home.

Tommy was extracted out of his thoughts rather quickly, lifting his head up to meet eyes with the Inspector. "Your message said you had an address for me" the inspector voiced, breaking the silence. "The address of Stanley Chapman" tommy calmly replied, carefully watching him.
"you promised me Freddie Thorne" to which tommy only shook his head "Stanley Chapman is a bigger fish then Freddie Thorne Inspector, he's currently holding £200 in cash given to the communist party by the russian government" at the slight mention of money the inspector allowed himself to turn back,urging tommy to continue.
"now before i give you this address, i want your word that you'll let my sister and Freddie Thorne leave the city." he propositioned, clearing his throat slightly the inspector nodded. "very well.you have my word" earning a nod from tommy as he handed over the envelope.
Grabbing a chair, the inspector took a seat breaking the silence once again. "now if you don't give those stolen weapons soon, i fear i'll be replaced" shaking his head lightly, tommy cut him off "when my business with Kimber is done, you'll have the guns returned, that's the deal"
"Then i'm in your hands,completely" he shrugged "i do hope my dismissal doesn't come back before your decision to hand me them guns, because i would do things even the devil would shy away from" pausing slightly he glanced back over to tommy "my fury is a thing to uphold" he laughed,eager to intimidate.
Arising from his seat,he subtly broke the distance in-between the pair. "I would see to it, that you and your scum family have a bullet in your head before my time is up" he threatened "the only one who would be spared is that girlfriend of yours, she's to classy for a life like this, but then of course Tommy Shelby would be gone wouldn't he? and what would happen to his Charlotte Windsor" Biting back a smirk at the sudden change in tommy's demeanour, the inspector knew he had got to him but he also was now fully aware of Thomas Shelby's one and only weakness. Laughing slightly the inspector continued "I was testing the waters there boy, there's a devil that lives inside of you,It's now very clear how to wake it" Tommy winced in self-annoyance slightly, pissed off he made it so obvious what gets to him.
"Touch my Charlotte Inspector, and our "Fury's" won't even be fucking comparable" he descended closer towards him so the inspector was forced to be on the receiving end of tommy's unsettling stare. "I don't give a fuck who you are, what you do, any harm comes to her you won't be seeing Christmas this year" tommy stated, fury riddling his voice as he spoke before he left hovering his hand over his gun questioning whether he should put it to good use,leaving the inspector to wither in his thoughts.

Walking over to the Shelby house, Charlotte hummed slightly to herself smiling at old friends of her mother as she crossed the road. "Morning Mrs Shelby" a man addressed her, she simply smiled slightly. She was used to it, in-fact rarely anyone called her Miss Windsor anymore so she didn't see the point in the unnecessary hassle in correcting everyone. Charlotte was planning on making lunch for her and ada, as they were well in need of a catch up, in ada's words. So she made a short diversion to grab a few bits she needed. "Morning Mrs Gibbs" charlotte smiled as she walked into the shop, not missing how others dispersed at the sound of her voice. As she made her way round she caught sight of two girls, who were laughing and snickering in her direction, frowning slightly she carried on as she was. "that's tommy shelby's girlfriend, some say he's with the other barmaid from the garrison" one whispered, not very quietly must i say. "i don't blame her for staying with him anyway, have you seen him" the other one snickered, earning a giggle of agreement from her mate.
"it's slightly embarrassing your source of entertainment is other peoples lives" charlotte voiced, loudly enough for them both to hear before turning around and facing the girls who had now looked like they'd seen a ghost.
"Oh and by the way, i don't think he'd go near you if you payed him" she sarcastically smiled watching as the girls ran off in fear.
Turning to face Mrs Gibbs who had seen the whole interaction she lightly smiled placing her items on the surface.
"you mustn't listen to them Charlotte, the whole of small heath is aware about Tommy's love for you, we've all seen it since you were probably only the age of 10" charlotte sent another appreciative smile her way "Thank you Mrs Gibbs, that's very sweet of you" she replied, genuinity laced throughout her voice.
"On you go" The lady smiled,handing over charlotte's items. "No way, i insist" handing over just over the amount of money she owed her for her shopping, watching as a slight uneasy look came across her face. "please take it" she smiled hoping to settle her slights nerves, her smile widening as she took the money before bidding her goodbyes.