~ The Forbidden Dragonet: Chapter 5 ~

"It's not true!" Sunny cried. "You must've misheard. They'd never hurt us."

"Hvitur would," Tsunami snarled. "He's never liked us. He's looked like he wanted to kill us from the moment we hatched."

"He can't be a murderer," Hare said, still trying to convince herself.

"You're the one who heard it," Clay pointed out. "You heard him say it himself."

"Maybe he was just trying to impress Morrowseer," Hare said. "He's no killer. He can't be."

"What makes you so sure?" Tsunami demanded.

"Use your heads," Hare snapped. "If Hvitur was a murderer, I wouldn't be alive."

"Or maybe he just hasn't had the chance to act on any plans yet," Tsunami growled quietly.

"He's had plenty of chances!" Hare said.

"I don't think that tells us anything," Clay said, brushing Hare's tail with his own. "You're the daughter and niece of extremely important dragons."

"He's right," Starflight said. "Nobody would dare lay a claw on you. It's not a risk any sensible dragon would take." He glanced over at the RainWing, who was pacing nearby, Her scales were shifting between different shades of light green. "Glory however..."

"I'm nothing," Glory finished, pausing and looking at the others.

"I wasn't going to say that," Starflight protested.

"Yes you were," Glory snapped. "You were just going to sugarcoat it." She shook out her scales and sat down with her tail curled over her talons. "It's alright, you don't have to get involved. This is my issue, not yours."

"We're not going to just sit by and let you get killed," Clay said, his expression filled with concern.

"I'll fight him," Tsunami said, snarling. "I'll be able to take him on easily."

"I'll help," Hare offered.

"No," Starflight said instantly. "He'll use it as an opportunity to kill you. He'll be able to easily brush it off as self-defense."

"I can't just do nothing!" Hare snapped.

"She'll have Tsunami to help her," Clay said, stepping between Hare and Starflight. "You saw how she fought against Morrowseer. He barely had a moment to fight back. She may be useful."

"May?" Hare hissed.

The others ignored her and continued discussing what to do.

"We only have until morning," Tsunami said, beginning to pace the way Glory had before. "We have to be ready for him to attack at any moment."

"We don't even know what he's planning," Sunny said worriedly. "How will you know how to fight?"

"She's right," Starflight said, pressing a little closer to her. "We don't know if he'll be bringing a weapon, or if his attack will even shed blood. He might try poisoning or drowning."

Tsunami growled in frustration. "Then what do you suggest we do?" she hissed at him.

Hare hopped forward, suddenly hit with an idea. "I can go back and find Hvitur. He must be putting together his plan right now. I'll be able to find something."

"That's a risky idea," Starflight said. "What if he catches you?"

"It's the best idea we have right now," Tsunami said, exchanging a look with Clay. "It's a risk we'll have to take."

"No one has to take any risks," Glory hissed. "I can handle this by myself. Don't go throwing yourselves into trouble for me."

"We can't let you get hurt," Sunny said.