~ The Forbidden Dragonet: Chapter 29 ~

Water roared into Hare's ears. She pushed up to the surface and spit out water. Glory laughed.

"You look like you're trying to be a SeaWing!"

Hare huffed and splashed through the shallows. She walked onto the grass and shook out her scales. Water flew everywhere, scattering onto Glory. Glory hissed and pulled away. "Hey!"

Clay was talking with the others, sharing the story of what had happened in the MudWing kingdom.

"I wish she'd come back to say bye," Kestrel murmured.

"So do I," Sunny said. "I'm going to miss her so much."

Tsunami looked around at the group. "So what do we do now?"

Clay looked at her. "Why don't we go to the SeaWings? They have no one there that'll be searching for us, and Tsunami can meet her family."

Tsunami perked up. "Really? We can do that now?"

"After a few day's rest." Kestrel said. "We'll find a place to shelter for a few nights, then get moving."

"Isn't that super risky?" Hare asked.

"It's more risky to travel when we're exhausted," Kestrel pointed out.

"She's right," Starflight said. "It shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere to stay. Maybe there's a cave or something."

Hare froze in terror. "No!" she cried. "No caves."

Starflight shot her a confused look. "Alright, we'll find somewhere else then."

Hare let out a breath of relief.

I can't have outbursts like that. My friends don't know about the forest. She looked around at them as they began gathering in a group to get moving. And they don't need to know either.

"Come on," Kestrel called, disappearing into the trees. Hare followed the others as they headed into the trees.

Whatever happens, we'll have each other. That's all that matters.