~ The Forbidden Dragonet: Chapter 7 ~

It wasn't until the moons were high in the sky that Hare heard Webs return. She'd been laying in the study cave with Sunny and Starflight, enjoying the feeling of how her wounds felt now that they'd been treated a little, with only the spirits knowing where Glory was. None of them had seen her since she camouflaged herself again, and perhaps it was better that way. It meant none of them could accidentally give her away.

The sound of the boulder startled her, and she quickly jumped to her talons.

"They're here," she whispered.

Starflight and Sunny looked up from stacking up unwanted scrolls in a pile under the skyhole. A worried expression crossed Sunny's face. "What if it doesn't work?" she asked quietly.

"It will," Hare said determinedly, though she had her doubts as well. "It has to."

Hare quickly slipped out of the cave and hid herself in the shadows outside, moving as silently as she could.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Sunny called quietly.

"It's fine," Hare hissed, not looking back. "I'll be back."

She quickened her pace and raced through the shadows. She found her way to the central cave and hid herself behind a small group of stalagmites.

There was a strange dragon standing with Webs at the entrance. She was looking at Hvitur while Dune pushed the boulder back into place. She was a SkyWing with shades of dark red covering her scales. Her dim yellow eyes gleamed in a way that made Hare feel as though she had worms under her scales. She carried a pouch around her neck. A baldric was draped over her shoulder, carrying a horribly familiar weapon.

That must be Glider.

"I assume you summoned me here for an important purpose," she hissed, flicking her tail. "You know better than to waste my time."

"Of course," Hvitur said, dipping his head. He looked as though he were about to say more but Glider quickly cut him off.

"Who are these two?" she demanded, signaling to Webs and Dune. "That puny little SeaWing never introduced himself or said how he knew where to find me, an assassin knows better than to just throw around her location like it's nothing, and I've never seen the SandWing before."

"I told him where to find you," Hvitur said before Webs could bother trying to defend himself. "The SeaWing is Webs, and this is Dune."

"I've heard your name spoken a few times among the SandWing soldiers," Glider commented, looking at Dune. "I must say, you're quite popular. Not for the right reasons, of course."

"Tell me something I don't already know," Dune grumbled, limping over to them.

Glider shook out her wings, then turned her attention back to Hvitur. "Now," she said, "an explanation would be nice."

"Come to my cave," Hvitur rasped, signaling for Glider to follow him as he headed toward his sleeping cave. "I'll show you everything there."

Glider eyed him for a moment, then followed. Something clinked together in her pouch as she moved. Hare held her breath and ducked down a little lower, praying not to get caught again.

Webs and Dune followed behind Hvitur and Glider, leaving Hare alone in the central cave. She stayed where she was, collecting her thoughts.

They must've contacted Glider because she's an assassin, she mentioned something about that. And she must be friends with Hvitur if he knew where she was. They at least must've met before. She looks like she'll be a horribly dangerous enemy.