7. Being His Sheild 🦾🦾

Author's note:-
(Scene of Ansh's cabin)
Ansh was instructing his personal assistant something on a call, when he noticed someone approaching him through the translucent glass of his cabin.

The knock on the door jolted Ansh into consciousness prompting him to end the call.Maintaing his same cold demeanor,he said "come in " and upon getting permission,that person opened the door, revealing it to be Devansh ( a.k.a Dev) .

Ansh felt happy on seeing his brother in his cabin but at the same time he was feeling anxious, thinking that maybe something was troubling him.

Maintaining an expressionless face,he signalled Devansh to enter,and upon entering the cabin Devansh slammed his Frist on his table and said"what problem do you have with me Mr.Ansh?" Devansh shouted angrily.

Ansh frowned at his brothers tone not understanding what he is referring to,but with calm composure he asked "what do you mean Dev..Devansh?".

"Why,don't you know or you don't want me to be present in the lunch party ....from childhood you have been doing the same thing keeping me away from my family so that you will be the only one chosen as the heir by the father,isn't it you always wanted." Devansh remarked,his tone was laced with enviousness, and jealousy.

"Am I not your brother,why do you treat me like stranger. In college also you don't acknowledge me , do you feel ashamed of me that much __ that you didn't even invite me to today's lunch party organised by Dad" at this point Devansh's inferiority complex was reflected by the tears that were gathered at the corner of his eyes.

Devansh's every word pierced Ansh's heart.Ansh had been doing all this just to protect his brother from that monster, but in doing so, he was unintentionally pushing his brother away, resulting in the development of an inferiority complex in him.

Pushing his pain aside ,Ansh casually replied "you don't need to come , you are not our family" even though he knew his words would fuel up his brother's feeling of inadequatecy.

"I will come and no one ,not even you will stop me . Whatever I am , wanted or unwanted,I am your family . Even if seeing me or acknowledging my existence brings you shame , I don't care" saying this Devansh, wiping a single tear,he stromed out of Ansh's cabin.

Devastated,Ansh remained seated on his chair,all those harsh memories of torturing were flashing in front of him.

The fear of seeing his brother again in that condition made his breath irregular,he felt as if someone was choking his neck , and his chest weighed as though the burden of 100 kg stones, sweat beads were forming on his forehead. He was frantically beating his chest with his fist to clear the chog in his chest. Feeling dizzy and his head started spinning,he whispered to himself "Not now" as if he was not allowing himself to weaken.

He got up from his seat ,by swiftly grabbing his coat. He stromed out of his cabin . Even ignoring krithika who stand on his way holding a file for his sign.

He rushed to his car and drove with a speed of a jet to his house.

_______________________________________

Author's pov:-
(Secen of Malhotra Mansion where a lunch party is organised by Mr. Raj Malhotra (owner of Malhotra industries and his son's life)

Upon reaching Malhotra Mansion Ansh hurriedly rushed inside,upon reaching the hall he sensed sounds of talks and giggles, coming from the garden area.

He walked towards the garden area and found a group of high class socialites seated around a lavishly decorated table covered in white cloth,enjoying their meal and having drinks which were served by the servants to them .