Final Countdown

"What the hell are you doing?! Put some effort in you idiots! You're getting outplayed by ten men! I would be ashamed if I were you!"

Inko glared at Kuon as she stretched her arm out. If she weren't in such a good mood, she'd walk over there and shove his head into the dirt. Not to mention she felt like she was burning up, not in a good way either, a sickly way.

"Shut it backstabbing scumbag." Mikage spat at him.

Inko cracked a slight grin and finally stopped stretching as the whistle went off. She tilts her head as she stares at Mikage. Was he feeling cornered? Ah, what a pity. If it wasn't for Team Z she would've lost interest in the game a while ago. How shameful. It felt like she was watching as the chains started to lock him into place. She just had to know; what was his next move? 

Inko huffed as Nagi shoved her aside and started to run.

'No way! Did he take initiation by himself? I'm surprised

Inko was hot on his tail. Watching his every move. She furrowed her brows as Nagi got hold of the ball. Crap. More effort? It's surprising to watch, however, if not a little intriguing. She rolled her eyes as he spun around and started heading for a goal.

"Move it, idiots. If you can't do your job properly, then why are you even here?" She spat as they failed to block his attacks. Just as she was about to block him from grabbing the ball, the other two defence players stepped in. Inko felt her fists clench as she stepped on something, slipped, and missed the ball.

Allowing for Nagi to score.

She slammed her fists against the ground and turned to them.

"Quit being useless and getting in my way! I would've blocked that if hadn't gotten in my way, you idiots!" Inko screamed at them.

"Tanaka, calm down. Everyone, calm down. It's just one point. We still have a shot to win this." Iemon said as everyone gathered around. 

Inko just her water angrily. She felt like a toddler throwing a tantrum. The anger she felt only made her angrier because she was angry. She covered her ears as Raichi ripped them a new one. After he was finished, he crossed her arms.

"Raichi's right. I don't care what you do, just attack as much as you physically can. I'll guard Nagi with everything I have. No holding back this time. If anyone even dares anyone get in my way," Inko says glaring at them, "I'll kill you."

Inko walked away. Honestly, she felt like shoving this straw in her eyes multiple times while screaming blood murder. That's how furious she felt.

She watched angrily as Chigiri kicked the ball forward and Nagi was there in seconds.

"Get out of my way, bastard."

Inko shoved four eyes freak out of the way and grabbed the ball. She dribbled the ball past Nagi and sprinted forward. On her left, she saw Nagi, Four Eyes. She motioned with her hand for her right side. Chigiri appeared just beside her and took over the ball. She closed her eyes as the ball didn't quite make it in.

On the right, Gaugumaru tries his luck but Mikage blocks it. 

She grins as she sees where it lines up. Kunigami. He scores easily and the game evens out once again. Inko smiles as she feels a presence behind her. Isagi. He fully unlocks the formula of his goal.

"Soccer is like chess, Isagi. With eyes like yours, never hesitate, always plan ahead, and always be ready to set things up." Inko said patting him on the back.

Isagi look her her for a second. "Is that what you do?"

"Not exactly. I said eyes like yours. I don't play, I don't like to play. I am the observer. If I need to I'll play but with a team like this, I don't have to do that too often. There have been times I've pitched in but it's no fun." Inko explained before tilting her head to look at him. 

"Something else awaits us. A traitor almost us. Would you still let them in? Or would you turn them away?" Inko said before sprinting down the field. Sensing the long shot from four eyes. She frowned before glancing at Kuon, he wasn't moving. 

Maybe he changed his mind.

I chase after the ball as Nagi throws it off his shoulder I smile as I feel a runner also heading towards us. I stop myself so I don't crash into him. I grin as Koun grabs onto Nagi. Obviously, it's met with a red card. I let Isagi go over first as I stand near the ball. I listen with my eyes closed as I stand there.

I don't think I'll understand emotions. 

Especially what Kuon just did. He gave up his spot for Kunigami.

But why? What did he get out of it? I understand it's the right thing to do, but why?

Why? Why? Why? Inko sucked in a breath before slowly releasing it. No. This was a battlefield. She couldn't afford to be weak right now. This free kick needed to get over with. With so many careers on the line, she couldn't afford to lose this match. 

If they lose, it'll be all her fault. No matter where it ended up going, she needed to sweep it up and grab it. This should be easy but the reading feeling of so many careers relying on her made everything more difficult.

One more goal. 

This was the final countdown for all of them.

Inko ran after Nagi seeing as Raichi was heading to block four eyes from scoring. She needed this; she couldn't let them down. He grabbed ahold of it and she huffed. Seeing as Gagumaru was heading for the goal, she saw where she needed to go. She quickly got a hold of it. 

Inko felt her hearing faster as she ran down the field. Avoiding everyone she possibly could. No matter what. She needed to score this goal; for more than just their careers, for her brother. To prove to her brother, that she was a reliable coach.

Soon Inko entered her arena.

"If you keep acting like this Inko, I'm sure you'll become a star! A pro! Just follow my guidance!"

"You stole my youth. You manipulated me into becoming your puppet. Even after all this time, I still haven't cut the final string that keeps us together. Despite the things you did to me, I still loved you. You were the only person I ever loved. But you didn't want my love. You wanted a puppet, I wanted a coach. If I could go back and start all over, I swear I'd never touch that door. I'd walk away with my innocence and my youth - something you stole from me. But now... I'm done. In this final moment, I'm cutting the string that kept me tied to you. I won't be your puppet anymore,'

Inko closed her eyes and kicked the ball to the left of her. Missing her chance to score.

'I've got my eyes on you, Isagi.'

BLUE LOCK ADDITIONAL TIME

Inko yawns as she walks in with a bottle of water. God, for some reason today was just extra stupid hot for no reason. Luckily, there were water bottles in the cafeteria.

She perked up hearing loud commotion and furrowed her brows. She made a face as she watched Kunigami sitting on his knees while staring at Isagi.  She stared bewildered before noticing the object in Kunigami's hand

"HEY, ARE THOSE MY EYEDROPS!?"

Kunigami started running

"KUNIGAMI I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU USED THOSE! THOSE ARE CRAZY EXPENSIVE!"

A/N Three updates today bcs they were all a little shorter than I wanted them to plus I got a burst of motivation yayyyyyy

Also, what do you think about the sudden flashback with Inko!?!? I'm a little scared to have it out bcs it's yk? It's personal (not very Inko) but now that we're at the end of Blue Lock phase one I feel like a snippet of Inko's backstory is going to add a little drama. And who doesn't love that? 

it's like 12;26 where I'm at and I hate to sound like an old person buts that's late for me lmao.