Week Off

"Well, I'm wishing you zero luck on those exams! I hope you fail!" Oliver yelled with a grin before speeding away.

Inko rolled her eyes while grabbing her bags. Just what she needed. How wonderful.

Thankfully, Oliver hadn't crashed the car (and she didn't swerve into incoming traffic) and she arrived home safely. She sighed while entering the quite, empty house. After a long walk, she made it back to her bedroom and sighed while jumping on her bed. So soft!

Honestly, not that she would ever admit it to everyone, but she was starting to feel a little homesick. Her room was place of comfort and being away for so long made her a little lonely. She curled up on her bed and was asleep in mere seconds. (A/N me too lol. I love sleeping😴)

Two days later

Inko felt like her soul crawled out of body and ran away. She laid against Oliver as he dragged her to his car. After three exams and a whole day of studying, she was completely beat.

"So you've graduated?"

"I won't know until Monday. But I'm sure I did." Inko mumbled as she grabbed the car door knob. She yawned  but it was quickly replaced with a surprised look.

With a squeal, Inko threw the door open. "Tanaka! Omg I've missed you so much!"

The fox hopped right out the car and laid on it's back while laughing. Inko genuinely smiled while rubbing it tummy and tickling it. The pair sat on the sidewalk for a little while longer simply playing around and having fun.

Inko usually was a rather cold person. However....when it comes to Tanaka, her fox, she become quite the opposite.

Tanaka was been with her since she was 7. She considered him as her best friend and had with her through everything. Good and bad. He made her forget how low lonely she was as a child, and was a source of comfort when she needed.

He was the glue that kept Inko Ego from falling apart in her darkest moments.

Something he couldn't destroy.

"He missed you a lot. He didn't eat the first week you were gone and growled at me anytime I closer than five feet. However, Tanaka has warmed up to me." Oliver said leaning down to pet his head.

Inko smiled while holding Tanaka close to her body. She smiled softly before rubbing behind it's ear, "You should hurry up. You have practice in an hour."

.......

Wednesday.

Inko grumbled while groggily getting out of bed. She walked downstairs and expected to see a hideous face but only saw an empty kitchen.

Normally, Jin would be sitting at the counter with his computer. Mumbling something completely incoherent. It had been that way for nearly seven years. The house almost felt...empty.

Inko sighed before turning on the coffee pot. Usually, that was also Jin's job.

Inko came to sudden realization. Was she lonely without him? No way! She was just used to having him there. It was so stupid to think something.

Her missing her brother...how stupid.

Inko nearly jumped out her skin as Tanaka creeped out from her room. He walked over to his dish and looked up at her. Right. That...was also Jin's job. She sighed while grabbing his food. No wonder why he grumbled so much about it. Touching the fresh meat was so strange to her.

As Inko laid on her bed, she stared up the ceiling. Alone with her thoughts, Inko frowned.

The quite house...it almost made her feel a little empty. Usually, she hear hear Jin in the background...but it was quite.