Second Selection

Inko stepped into the room. It was empty. What's going on here? She thought to herself. 

Before she could make another step forward, a ball shot out from the wall. Then suddenly, a stupid hologram showed up from nowhere. Inko scoffed. What was this? Child's play?

"Are you seriously going to make me do this, Jin?" 

Inko rolled her eyes before swiftly kicking the ball. As expected, the stupid hologram fell for her trick, and the ball curved, allowing her to score. How idiotic. This was supposed to be a challenge? 

Inko's jaw dropped as she stared ahead at the number above a goal. 100 goals in an hour? Listen, she was a good player, but 100? Why was this so much fucking work?

....

Over thirty minutes later, she was finally done with it. God, what did Jin take her for? A lazy dum? He wasn't wrong, however. She stretched her body as she finished up. She looked up at the camera, knowing Jin was watching, and she stuck out her tongue. 

After a long walk to the second gate, she wasn't surprised at the fact it was empty. She looked up and frowned. A group of three? What in the world? She jumped as the gate opened again, and she nearly fell to her knees in blatant surprise.

"Rin? What the hell?"

Itoshi Rin.

Rin almost didn't believe it at first. As a child, his family associated themselves with other rich families. Such as the Ego's. Inko and Rin were good friends during middle school, they practiced together and talked about a future where they were the best female and male strikers. Rin doesn't know exactly what happened, but shortly after freshman year, Inko cut off all ties with him after getting a scholarship into a good school. About halfway through sophomore year, he heard about some ex-coach guy getting into an accident on the field. He also remembered seeing Inko on the news. He tried to call her, but she had cut herself away from the world.

No texts, no phone calls. He heard nothing from her for at least two years and eventually, he gave up.

This is a surprise to see his childhood friend, who was a girl, in an all-male competition.

"What the hell? What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm following my brother's orders. He said I needed to pay him back, and I agreed to help  because I didn't want to go to school." Inko replied nonchalantly. "Do you want to form a team? It's clear we're some the best people here, so why not?"

Rin was confused by her and stared at her with confusion and anger.

"Look Rin, I would say I'm sorry about what I did, but we both know I'm not. I've never been the sorry type. I did what I was forced into. I signed a contract for that scholarship, and it mattered more than anything in the world to me so I couldn't break it even if I wanted to." Inko said while crossing her arms. "No hard feelings, right? Besides, I'll make it up to you by helping you win this."

"I don't need you, or anyone else's help." Rin rolled his eyes

"Woah. Don't get all snappy with me, I'm only doing what's best for me. Isn't that what a true egoist is supposed to do?" Inko said, standing up straight.  "Also, I'm supposed to be a traitor, although, I haven't done anything bad. So, no one else knows of my true identity, so if you ever stop glaring at me, my name's Yuuzuru Tanaka."

....

"See, I told you it wasn't going to be that hard. We're already two steps ahead of everyone else." Inko said to Rin. They had already managed to snag a third player for their team. He appeared to be very good. Although if she had a brush, she'd brush his damn hair out of his face.