Chapter Three

That night I sat in my room and just did homework. I had a candle lit and was listening to my playlist. It was about five when my parents and sister got home. Genevieve, my little sister, was an eighth grader in middle school. She is very athletic and popular. She plays volleyball and is very much the opposite of me. We are like Kat and Bianca Stratford. We get along pretty well though. She doesn't get along as well as I do with my parents though. My parents are not strict at all. They have very few rules that my sister always seems to want to break. I get along with everyone in my family, though I always seem like the black sheep of all of us.

" Adelynn we have new neighbors and omg one of them is so cute! Anyway mom said that she invited the new neighbors to dinner tonight and that you have to be ready in like forty five minutes!" Gen said in a hurry. " Oh okay, I guess" I said startled. I'm pretty sure the cute one she was referring to was as the guy who smiled at me earlier. I didn't really see him though.

I got ready and put on half decent clothing with half decent makeup. I came downstairs to ask what was all going on. My mom exclaimed to me that she met the new neighbors. They said that they had no food with them because they just moved in that day. She invited them over to dinner around 5:45. This seemed like it would be interesting.

My family was ready. My mother told me that they were the Noon's. They were new to town and that the kids were going to school with me.

Right as 6:15 hit the clock they arrived. There were only three of them, even though my mom said there would be more. I introduced myself to the dad first. He seemed chill. Then to the mom. She seems so sweet and like someone with great company. The adults were seated more toward the end of the table while us kids were at the end. As I sat down, the guy from earlier sat across. " Hi, I'm Brady" he exclaimed. " adelynn, nice to meet you." " And I'm Genevieve, you can call me gen!" " Well it's nice to meet you" he said in a kind tone. " So you're going to my school, right?" I ask him. " Yup, how is the place anyway?" " It's chill I guess, you just have to find the cool people to hangout with." I said. " Well you'll have to show me around at some point. Maybe my brother too, he's not here right now but he will need it. He's a dumbass. I start school in like two days." " Yeah I guess I will" I say with an added slight smile. From that point in the night and on, we chatted on and on. We chatted for the two hours that the noons were at my house. We have lots in common. Similar movies and music. We have similar interests, but we are very different people. He seems like and outgoing extrovert that is tons of fun. He seems like fun to be around. He is a nice guy.

As the night ended and both families decided it was time to go, he asked for my number. " Hey, can I have your number? So I can text about school and stuff" he said in a nervous tone. " Yeah sure, use it responsibly."

As we parted ways we both waved and smiled to each other. He seemed like a great guy, and a good enough neighbor.

That night, I got home and dressed into my pjs. I was about to go to sleep when I got a text from an unknown number...

 I was about to go to sleep when I got a text from an unknown number

Hey it's me Brady

Oh hey Brady!

What are you up to

Nothing much, wbu?

Just kinda chillin ig

Coolio mister

You should like
follow me back on insta

No
Jk, will do

Coolio, c u later

C u later skater