Chapter Twenty-Four

Back to Ady's pov

I woke up, and after that everything was a blur. I slept and cried the whole day before. I was suddenly driving, on my way to school. God this would be my hell. I was so hurt, but I had a test today. I was still very worried though. I can do this, I can do this. You're Adelynn Wilder, you can do this.

I got there and quickly parked. I remembered I needed something from my locker. My game plan was to hurry to my locker and then hurry back to my class, trying my hardest not to see him. Although I dressed with revenge like I wanted him to see me look great, I didn't want him to see me. Let alone see him. It's not something I wanted.

As I entered the school, I saw Conner. He saw me. I quickly rushed by him. I wanted to talk to him, but I couldn't. As I walked to my locker, I looked so confident. I stood tall and felt great. Well not great, but you know what I mean. I was still hurt. On my way there though, I saw Brady. He saw me. He looked at me, and then gave a look of sorrow. He started to walk my way, and I didn't look at him as he did. I brushed right past him as he started to talk.

I ran into Carter, we talked a bit, joked around. Normal stuff. I was trying to distract from all of the mess I had, so this was good. We parted ways and I went to my locker.

I quickly grabbed my stuff and went to class. As I walked in, he was starring at me, but I just looked straight forward. I sat down, and paid attention to the teacher. Josh seemed like he wanted to talk to Brady, but Brady was trying to talk to me.

"Ady, Ady" he whispers to me.
"Can we talk?"
"Ady!"

Josh started to look agitated, so I shot him a sorry look. He gave me a "we will talk later" look. I understood.

By the time she was almost done with the lesson, Brady set a note on my desk. I was intrigued, and tempted to open it. But I knocked it off of my desk.

The teacher finished the lesson.
"Adelynn can we please please talk?" Brady said.
"Adelynn can you talk to him so i can talk to him without being interrupted?" Josh said in an awkward tone.

After they said this, I just walked to the teacher and asked to use the restroom. I went out, and just took a breather. I walked around a bit, until I decided it was time to go back. This was so stressful, but I needed to do what I wanted to do. Not what others wanted. I just wanted to be left alone.

Later, in science class, he tried to look at me and get my attention. But, I just ignored it. I was focused on the test. Earlier in health class, everyone was trying to convince me to talk to him. Ryan and Mia told me that they couldn't say what happened, that I would just have to talk to him. Josh and Brant made the compelling case that they were tired of his complaining and wanted things to go back to what they were. What a bunch of whiners. I wasn't going to. I didn't have to.

At lunch, I thought that the lunch table would only be Mia and I, because the rest of the group, knew what happened. I walked into the cafeteria with everyone there, including Brady. Josh waved me over. Mia gave me a guilty, but gesturing smile. Josh and Brant just gave me a begging movement. Conner gave me a surprised and then inviting smirk. And Brady, well Brady got up out of his seat. As soon as I saw this, I just walked away. I decided I was just going to skip the rest of the day. He followed me through the cafeteria but I just started to walk faster. I left and went to my car. I immediately started crying and drove home.