Chapter Seventeen

Today was the day I finally got my car back. But it was the day after one of the most awkward interruptions to be. It was whatever. Nothing happened right? The today was Friday and tomorrow was Saturday. But not just any Saturday, HALLOWEEN! I was quite exited, but I had to change my costume last minute. The costume I got for my other costume was a little girls dress. That's what I get for ordering online. I will have to figure a costume later, but right now I have to figure what I'm going to do with Brady.

I showed up to school, went to class, and got all my stuff out. I was so lucky today, Mrs. Coraway let it be a free day. I didn't have to do anything or talk to anyone. It was awkward sitting near him in this class. I could tell he was looking at me often. But I ignored it. Josh kept talking to Brady and still joked around with me sometimes. I wasn't sure if he knew what happened or not. Everything seemed fine with Josh, but I just felt awful for what I did to Brady. I just wanted to leave him alone. And I also needed to realize what I was feeling. This space might be for the best.

During art class I just distracted myself with drawing. Was I good at it? Hell no. But I distracted. I also just talked with Carter the whole time. We just talked the whole time, it was pretty great. I think I'm he was the letter writer, but it might not be. But that's not what I was trying to figure out today.

The rest of the day was pretty regular. I changed how I got to different classes today so I wouldn't pass him by or make awkward eye contact. At lunch I saw that Conner was coming up to talk to me, but I just called Mia and told her that we should go off campus today. I walked away and acted like I didn't see him. I felt awful. I feel terrible doing this, but I needed to. Right?

By the end of the day, I just walked straight to my car as to try not to bump into him and so that I would already be home by the time he got home. I was going to Mia's after anyway so I did have to hurry. I walked straight to my car but heard a voice, his voice, behind me. He was trying to chase me down before I got into my car. I pretended to have headphones in and just got into my car. I got out of the parking lot quickly, but as I left, I saw him standing there with a sad look. I felt terrible. But it was for the best. Right?