Chapter Sixteen

"Please, please Ady!" Brady says trying to convince me to help him study. "Okay fine, but you have to give me a ride!" I answer. "Great!! Thank you so so much. We can do it at my house. You will not regret this!" "I will see you later, Noon."

Later on, we rode to his house. When we got into his house, he told me to wait a minute before going into his room. He had to clean up a mess or something. I just stood outside of his door waiting patiently for him to finish up.

"Alright you can come in!" He said excitedly.
As I walked in, I was surprised. He set up a fort? What a strange way to study, but I was fine with it.

"This is so cool!! We are studying in the fort though?"
"No, just go inside the fort and you will see!"

I walked into the fort with no idea what was going on.The fort was set up on the floor, so I was surprised to see all the blankets on the inside. It was all set up with popcorn, snacks, a laptop, and Peter. I was really confused.
"Surprise! I know you said you wanted me to watch the Princess Diaries, so I thought we could together!"
"That sounds great Brady" I say with the biggest grin on my face.

We were like halfway through the movie. We kept talking over it though. We were sitting really, really close.

"What would you do if you found out you were a princess, Wilder?"
"I'd be surprised, but try to take it with as much grace as possible. I don't know I would try to be really secretive about it. I don't need people to know my personal life. I'd try to use my power for good. As much as I can."
After I said that he moved even closer to me.
"That's what is so great about you Ady, you are thoughtful and compassionate. You don't only think about yourself. You're just great."

After he said that, I giggled a bit. I looked at the movie and then turned to him. He was already staring at me. I was melting on the inside. We made eye contact. My smile dropped a little. We looked each other straight in the eyes. Our faces slowly moved close together.... And then....

"BRADY!"

Conner stormed into the room. We were super close, but were interrupted. "Oh were you guys... oh... my bad. I am so sorry guys..." "No you're fine Conner, listen I gotta go. Enjoy the movie! I'll see you guys later!" I said as I got up and went straight to my house.

As I walked back to my house, I reminded myself that we were good as friends. I mean I would love for us to get together. But I'm not sure it would be for the best. It was nice of him to do that for me though. Ady, you are good friends. Things happen . The interruption was unintentional but for the best. It was probably for the best we were interrupted. Right?.....