Chapter Thirteen

To be honest, I am a very sensitive person.
I am good with jokes, they really don't get to me, but comments do. I don't know why. It's always been a problem. But today, in my argument with Brant, I was really hurt for some reason. We were hanging out with all of the group, and things turned, well, not great...

" You should never say that about someone Brant, especially a woman." I say in an angered voice.
"Well I can if it's true" he remarks back.
"Calling a woman a cunt is an awful thing to do."
"I couldn't care less."
"You're such a selfish, narcissistic, arrogant jerk. You treat women poorly. You say awful things about people, especially women, and I will not stand by it."
"Like I care you prude." He says with a loud yell, while he gets in my face.
"You are just sleeping around and calling all these women awful things because Jessica broke up with you." I say with a sudden regret. I Definetly struck a nerve I didn't mean to hit.
"You are an ugly loser that Josh only hangs out with because he feels bad. Brian only ever dated you to get revenge on Josh and to sleep with you. And he only did one of those things."

After that hurtful comment, I stormed out of the cafeteria and started bawling. I went to look for the bathroom, but stopped right in front of my locker and continued to bawl. He really hurt me, and deep down, I knew it was true. As I continued to bawl, I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Ady?" Brady said with a worried voice. I look up to see his face with a look of concern. "Ady, are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just go back to the group, I will be okay" I say as I wipe my eyes. "They are fine without me. I followed you as Mia yelled at Brant, Ryan mediated them, Conner is just on his phone trying to stay out, and Josh just stood there with an agitated look. I know you're not okay. I don't know what the insults meant, and you don't have to tell me, but I am going to sit here with you." "Thank you Brady. I will tell you what they meant, but you have to promise not to judge or anything." " I promise on my life." I crack a smile at that. I knew that would be true.

"Well with what I said, about Jessica, that was rude. He used to date this girl, named Jessica, obviously. He was so in love with her, and she loved him. They were a couple that were just perfect. But about three months before school started, after last year ended, she ended things with him. We pass in the hall all the time. Everyone he sees her, he just gets this sad look. That's kind of the reason he sleeps around. To relieve the pain from that. I'm not sure that gives him a valid reason to treat women like that though. I should not have said that though. I feel terrible." That was very true. I felt awful for what I said.

"The thing about Brian, that is very complicated. Brian goes to another school, but is a huge enemy of Josh's. They have always hated each other, so I was surprised when he asked me out. At first, he was the sweetest thing ever. He was the best boyfriend. I really liked him, maybe even loved. But every time we were around Josh, he got really touchy. I don't like being touchy like that in front of people. Well he really wanted us to have sex. I did not. It's not like I am waiting for marriage or anything, I was just not ready. It really doesn't matter. But there was one time where we got close to, but I said no. The day after, he broke up with me. I was just broken. It was around the same time as Brant. I really loved him, and he really hurt me. Sorry I am rambling and..."

"Don't apologize. I am so sorry that happened to you. That was awful. I'm glad you told me, I feel like we are really close. No one should ever treat you like that, and I am so sorry." "No it's fine, it just really hurt me."
"Well, what you said to Brant was not the best ngl. But he needs to apologize as well. You wanna go now? Are you okay enough to?" "I think I am ready now. Thank you Brady, for being here for me." "Any time, you are someone who needed comfort so I comforted you. You are always there for me so. You are just great. Anyways, while it's just the two of us, there is one thing I've been meaning to tell you..."
As he tries to finish his sentence, he was interrupted. He was interrupted by someone I did not expect...