Chapter Six

In the eight weeks I have gotten to know Brady, I have learned a lot about him. He likes volleyball, English class, the sound of candles when you blow them out. All sorts of random things. I think I am starting to like him, but more than just a friend. But I don't want to ruin anything. I've known him for how long? I just didn't want to ruin anything or upset Josh. God, why do I care about appeasing Josh. But, it's important for this to stay as a friendship.

I was with class with Mia. We were in health with Mr. Fischer. He talks a lot for about the first twenty minutes of class, and the rest he lets us do homework and go on our phones. We get to talk in that class and just have fun. Unfortunately, Josh and his friends are in that class. I have to sit right next to Josh, and all his friends come over and sit with him. It is really agitating. Josh and Brant left Ryan with us while they went and flirted with other girls in the class. Ryan was really shy around girls, except us. Well around Mia he was just full of joy. He has a huge crush on her and everyone can tell but her. I think she secretly likes him too. Every conversation around them feels like third wheeling, in the best way possible.

I got a sudden text, which was strange to me. It was from Brady.

 It was from Brady

Come out here

Yes Siri

I peered over to outside the door to see Brady standing there. I walked out with a confused look. " Yes Siri?" " It auto corrected, I meant to say yes siree. Why did you text me out here anyway?" " I just wanted to see you. And anyways you said you would be my tour guide. I don't know where the bathroom is on this floor. So be my tour guide and show me?" "Why not, and if I show you, don't get lost."

I showed him to the bathroom and we parted ways. I could not stop thinking about what he said. He wanted to see me. Maybe he was just saying that. I can't focus too much on it. Friends Adylenn friends.

My car was in the shop until further notice, so Mia gave me a ride home. We actually didn't go straight home. We got ice cream. We were catching up and trying to decide what we going as for halloween. Halloween is in like two weeks! But we moved away from the Halloween costume discussion to talking about boys.

All these feelings I had for Brady I kept to myself. I wanted to tell Mia, but I felt like I couldn't. She Definetly thought we would be great together. I think we would be too. But I don't know.

" Are you and Ryan a thing?"
"No no no. He is a good friend and just that. He doesn't like me like that and vice versa. We are just good friends."
" Sure"
" So you and Brady, you guys like a thing or something?" She said with a smile. " No, we're just good friends. And anyway, I'd like to keep it that way. I have to focus on myself. Brian broke up with me a few months before school and it broke me. I can't have that again. And anyway I don't like him like that."
"Sure ady, sure."