Chapter Twenty-Three

Brady's pov

I woke up upset and hurt. Nothing new. Why did she kiss him? Why did she kiss me? Did she even like me? Was I a fill in?

Today was Halloween. I was excited for it, but not so much now. Conner woke me up, and said that Brant, Josh, him and I were going to lunch together. I don't remember making these plans, but I needed to get out. Ryan only couldn't because he was going out with Mia.

When we got there, everyone noticed my mood. I don't tell them though.I still tried to be in the conversation, but I couldn't. We made arrangements to hangout after the party tonight.

After this, I made an excuse to leave. I didn't go straight home though, in the fear she would be there, I went to the store. I needed a few things for my costume. I also just didn't want to be there.

When I got to the store, I saw her, and I booked it out of there. I couldn't deal with the pain. She really hurt me, I couldn't deal with it right now.

Later on, I got my stuff ready for when I stayed the night at Brant's, and got ready for the party. Tonight Conner, Josh, Ryan, and I are staying at Brant's. It should be a good distraction.

Later at the party, this guy invited me to play the game where you have to suck a card on your lips and pass it to different people. I agreed to. The guy seemed a bit familiar, but I couldn't tell. If you drop the card, you accidentally kiss the other person, but I had no girlfriend or anything that would make me not want to play this.

The girl next to me was dressed as Carrie. Although, I'm not sure if she knew who that was. She was quite flirty with me, but I tried not be back. The card was going around the circle pretty slowly. But, it finally got to Carrie.

She went to pass it to me, but then did something unexpected. She purposely dropped it and grabbed my face to hers. She kissed me, and I kissed her back, thinking of Ady. This was a huge mistake. I pushed her off of me and immediately regretted it. I ran out of there and went to find any of my friends. When I couldn't find any, I went to the kitchen. The guy who invited me to the game was in there as well.

"You're Brady right?" He asked.
"Yes."
"I'm the guy who invited you to the game, I'm Brian."
Brian? Ady's ex Brian? The one who broke her heart Brian? How does he know me?
"Oh cool."
"So you're the guy with Ady, right?"
"Well we're not really together, but yeah sure. How do you know."
"I have my resources. Listen I just wanted to let you know that we also have a little thing. We broke up a bit ago, but we are talking again. I'm sorry. And anyway, you have that girl dressed as Carrie right? I made sure you would play so you two could get to know each other."

I was filled to the brim with anger. Was this true? Was he lying? I stormed out of there and ran into Mia and Ryan.

"What the hell brady?" I hear Mia shout at me.
"I can't right now" I reply.
"Well I can. How could you do that to Ady? I just got a call from her and she told me what happened. You are an asshole."
"What I did to her? What did I do? If anything she did something to me. Last night I told her I liked her. She said she also liked me, or at least I thought. Then we kissed. I walk away for ten minutes, and she is kissing some other guy. Then the guy says they are together."
"She thought that was you dingus." Ryan spurts out.
"Sorry dude."
"How could she have thought it was me? That doesn't look like me. What did I do?"
"He covered her eyes and covered them till they were kissing. Then he grabbed her ass, which she did not like, and realized it wasn't you. She pushed him off. Then I found her and we went home. She was going on and on about how happy she was about you guys kissing, but upset about the Brian thing. Anyway, she came here looking for you and saw you making out with some other girl. She got really upset and turned around to walk away and got someone's drink spilt all over her. She just called me..."
"What?! Shit, Brian was the one to invite me into the game. I didn't mean to kiss her I swear. God I am so stupid. One of the only girls I really like, and I mess it up. Fuck, what am I going to do?"
"Fix it man!" Ryan says chirping in.
"So you swear that the kiss with the girl was not anything. It was an accident and shit." Mia asks.
"Yes!"
"Good. You are one of the only guys of Mia's past things that I like. You messed it up for a minute there, but you're good now. Ryan and I will help you. I'm sure the rest of them will too. We can figure this out."
"Okay good, we will talk later, I just need to go home. Or anywhere but here."

As I drove home, I knew I didn't want to be there. I decided to go to the restaurant. The restaurant we got milkshakes together. I sat down, got a milkshakes and sat loathing. God I really messed up, why did I do that??????