Chapter 1

Harmony's POV

Today is seriously the worst day of my life! First, my parents make me move to New York City with them. Then, my boyfriend breaks up with me because he doesn't want to be in a long distance relationship with me. Now, I have to start my life all over again! I have to make new friends and I have to try to fit in again. On top of that, I have to deal with a big heartbreak. I really hate my life right now!

On the bright side, my new room is better than my old one. It's a little bit bigger than my old room and it has a balcony with a great view of the city. The cool thing about my room is that I get to decorate it however I want. So I get to paint and do whatever I want to my room. So I decided to paint the walls my favorite color neon green and put music notes and posters around the room. I liked my new room. It was like me. Bright and unique...well...at least when I am happy.

After I finally finished unpacking, I picked up my phone and headphones, and laid down on my bed. I started to play my music and looked out the window. I was just about to fall asleep when my mom entered the room without knocking...again. "Hey sweetie how are you doing?"

"Uh...well...considering that you made me move to New York and leave all my friends behind...not so good mom" I looked over at my mom. She looked very sad and looked like she was sorry about something. Which she should be. I mean the reason why we had to move here was because of my parents' work. So it's my parents' fault that I'm upset.

"Sweetie I know you are upset but you're gonna have to get used to living here. You can come to work with me and your dad if you want. There are people there that will love to meet you and you can become friends with them"

"Ya mom I am not gonna go to work with you and dad...ever. I rather stay home all day and do nothing then go to work with you and dad" I rolled over so I could see out the window again and so that I couldn't see my mom anymore. Hopefully my mom would get the idea that I am mad at her and that I want to be left alone.

"Harmony, sweetie..." I heard my mom walk to my bed and sit down next to me. She started to brush my hair and kept talking. "I know you are upset but you need to let it go and find new friends. You can make friends easily and fast if you go out and talk to people"

"So what I'm hearing is that I am allowed to go out?" I heard my mom laugh a little. "Yes you are but you have to be home before dinner"

"Huh...that's a first" This was the very first time that my mom let me go out by myself. She would always say "you have to go out with a friends or with a group", which I hated that rule so much.

"So you don't want to go out then?"

"No I do" I quickly got up from bed and put my shoes on. "Thanks mom I'll see you later" I put my phone in my pocket, and ran out the door before my mom could change her mind. I kept running until I reached downtown, which wasn't that faraway from my house. Then I started to walk and actually look around the city.

The sidewalks were filled with people and the streets were filled with cars like I've seen in movies. It was really hard to look around and see things because the sidewalks were filled with people. Everyone kept pushing and shoving each other like they were in a hurry. Well it was time when everyone got out of work. Great. I chose the wrong time to come and look around! Good job me.

After a couple more minutes of being pushed around, the streets got less and less crowded. I was finally not getting pushed around but there was a bad side to not being pushed anymore. I didn't know where I was. There wasn't many people around and the ones that were around didn't look very nice at all.

I started to look around while walking to try to get an idea of where I was and if I could find someone that actually looked nice to help me.

I kept walking around and I still couldn't find anyone that looked nice but I did find a subway. Good thing I know how to get home from any subway.

As I got closer to the subway, I started to hear music getting louder and louder. When I got in the subway, I saw that there was a lot of people in the middle of the subway and around the entire place but none of them looked nice. There was an event or something going on in the middle because there were people cheering on other people.

I walked over to the crowd to see what was going on but since I was short, I couldn't see a thing. I tried to stand on my tippy toes to see better but the only thing I could see were people's heads. How I hate being short sometimes! I eventually gave up trying to see over everyone and started to force my way through the crowd until I got in front of everyone.

There were two guys dancing in the middle of the crowd. One looked like he was in his twenties. He was tall and was an African American. The other one looked like he was about my age. He was shorter then the other guy, and he was Asian. They were both wearing the exact same shirt just a little bit different.

During their performance, I couldn't help but to stare at the younger one. He was just so cute and he was an amazing dancer. He eventually caught me staring at him once or twice and smiled his white teeth at me, which got my heart to skip a beat. Many guys would smile at me but my heart would never skip a beat.

After they finished dancing, the crowd started to clap and shout. They were actually really good at dancing. No wonder people love them.

"A'ight everyone we are gonna take one more dance battle for the day. My bro here's gonna pick someone in the audience to go against him" The younger one started to stare at me while his friend was talking. Oh no...He's going to pick me...He's going too... I know it... "Go ahead G pick someone"

"A'ight" He smiled at me and he started to walk towards me. Many girls were shouting at him to pick him to go against him. I guess girls just love him.

I really just wanted to turn around and run as fast as I could out of this subway, but with the big crowd it would be impossible to do that.

"Hi" He was now right in front of me, looking at me. I actually got to see that he was my height and he had beautiful green eyes. He was just really cute and him being this close to me wasn't going to do well. "Imma gonna guess you're new er'...ight'?"

"Umm...yea... Me and my parents just moved here a few days ago" I was really nervous inside, and it was hard to not show that I was freaking nervous. Not only was a cute guy talking to me in front of a lot of people but I was more than likely gonna have to dance in front of everyone...not that
I haven't danced in front of a lot of people before. "That's cool. So can ya dance?"

"Yea"

"Are ya good?"

"I'm alright..."

"Do ya think ya can beat me?"

"I totally do think I can beat you" What the heck? I know I can't beat this guy. I'm good but not as good as him.

"So ya think you're better then me?" He was now really serious. He wasn't smiling anymore and I didn't really like it.

"Yes I do" Everyone in the crowd made a "oh!" sound after I said that. What the heck? What was up with me right now?

"A'ight since ya think you're better then me shawty... then I challenge you to a dance battle"

I felt a bang in my heart when he called me that. I only let my ex boyfriend call me that but now since we aren't together anymore, I don't want anyone to call me that. "Did you just call me shawty?"

"Yup"

"Don't call me that"

"I can call ya what I want, shawty"

I was starting to hate this boy. He looked really nice at first. Now he's an idiot. "Look who's being a jerk now. Alright then. I accept you're challenge. Get ready to lose shorty" Once again everyone in the crowd made and "oh" sound. He squinted his eyes at me and I squinted my eyes back at him. I'm so gonna beat him.

--------------------

Hey everyone!
Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it. Please let me know if you like the story so far. I know it's only the first chapter but I really want to know if you guys like it so far.

Also, please let me know if there are any spelling or grammar errors. I know that my street talk really sucks. I'm really sorry about that.

Once again thank you guys so much for reading!

-purplegirl1226