Chapter 31

Harmony's POV

I walked out of Glitch's room and closed the door. I leaned on his door and just stared at the floor in front of me.

"There's a chance that you're probably going to move again". Glitch's words kept replaying in my mind over and over again. I don't want to move again. I have been moving nonstop since I started school, causing me to not be able to make many friends. Adam was the only friend and boyfriend I was able to keep through all the times I moved, but now, I finally was able to make another friend who I happened to fall in love with. I don't want to lose him. I close my eyes and let out a breath.

"Harmony" I open my eyes and look towards the direction of the voice. "There you are. I've been looking for you shawty"

"Hey Adam" I say and look at the floor again.

"Shawty, are you okay? You look upset about something" Adam walks up to me and lifts my head to meet his eyes. "Just because I'm your boyfriend that doesn't mean you can't talk to me"

"Yeah about that, Adam" I take his hand from my chin and move it to his side. "I don't think we should be a thing anymore"

"What do you mean shawty?"

I look up at him. "I mean that I don't want to be your 'shawty' anymore Adam"

"I'm really confused shawty" He says with a confused look.

"Don't call me shawty. Adam," I say and take a deep breath. "I'm breaking up with you"

"Wait what!?" Adam says with anger "No. You're not breaking up with me. No one does"

"Well I guess that I'll be the first to break up with you then Adam" I say and start to walk away from him.

"No you're not" I feel someone take my arm and pull me towards them. I feel Adam's arms wrap around my waist tightly, and start to struggle to get out of his grip. "You're not breaking up with me after everything I did for you!"

"You never did anything for me Adam! All you did was play with my heart like it was some sort of toy." I start to say and the anger that I kept inside of me for weeks started to come out, "Not to mention the fact that you bully Glitch almost every single day, and I don't want to be with someone who bullies the people I love"

At that moment, Adam's grip slowly started to become loose and I was finally able to get out of his arms. I look over at Adam and see that he has a shocked look. "You...you love Glitch...don't you? That's why your breaking up with me." I keep looking at Adam and let silence take over until Adam speaks again. "You love that little brat don't you!"

"He's not a brat. You are" I say and walk away from him without saying another word.

***
I walk around DCI feeling the most free in weeks. Ever since Tan's robots attacked me, my parents started limiting the activities I could do. I haven't gone outside of DCI in four weeks all because my parents are afraid that one of Tan's robots will come and kidnap me. They also took away my phone because they think that Tan can track me down with it. In other words, I have no access to the world outside of DCI. I have been feeling trapped and worthless these past few weeks, and there was nothing I could have done to change the minds of my parents.

But now that Adam is no longer part of my life, I can't help but feel a little free. Adam has become more and more of a jerk since I moved here, and I couldn't just hide and pretend that I didn't see that anymore. Since I got attacked, he has become more and more detached from me and became more focused on other things like finding Tan and making Glitch's life miserable. At first I thought that he was just jealous because Glitch and I had been getting closer, but that all changed when I saw him embarrass Glitch at the beach party. That's when my feelings towards Adam changed completely. Now that I finally broke up with me, I feel more free; knowing that I don't have to worry about being the "perfect" girlfriend that he wanted me to be, and that I can finally be myself.

I walk down the hallway towards my parents' office and stop at the door and hear them talking.

"Rasa we have to tell her the truth"

"No Lima. We can't tell her it's too dangerous"

"Rasa we've been keeping this from her for fifteen years now. She has to know the truth"

"If we tell her the truth, she'll be put in much more damger than she already is in. We can't tell her"

"If we don't tell her the truth, Tan is going tell her. Would you rather have her hear the truth from Tan or from us?"

"Lima we can't tell her-"

"What's the worst that's going to happen if we tell her?"

"She's going to know more than she needs to know Lima. If Tan captures her, he's going to ask her questions about DCI. It's better if she doesn't know anything"

"Rasa please she needs to know-"

"No Lima! We are not telling Harmony that we're not her real parents!"

At that moment, the whole world stopped around me. I wasn't supposed to hear that, and I just did. I felt a mixture of anger, sadness, and confusion all at once and I didn't know what to do. Part of me wanted to walk in and show them that I heard what they said but my body wouldn't move. All I could do was stare at the door in front of me and let my mind race with questions. Why does Tan want me? What happened to my real parents? Why would they keep something like this away from me?

I slowly started to back away from the door and ran to the only place, where I knew that someone will help me understand.
----------
Hey guys!

Yes I'm back after forever, and I decided to continue this book. I realized that it would not be nice or fair if I just stopped the book where I left it so I decided to finish it.

Thank you for all the support! I really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!
-purplegirl1226