Chapter 37

Harmony's POV

I wake up to find myself being carried on someone's back with my hands and legs tied up. I can't see who the person but I already have a feeling who it might be. I can't believe that Adam would turn his back on me and on DCI in general. Even if at times he would be a jerk to others, everyone still cared about him and loved him so much. I can't think of a reason why he would decide to work for Tan instead. All I can think of is that I need to get away from him. I knew that I was in danger and I was scared to find out what he was going to do to me. I started to move around to loosen up the ropes and even tried to scream, resulting in only just muffed sounds because of the piece of cloth in my mouth. 

Even though I knew that no one could hear me, (especially with all the noise going on downstairs), I still tried my hardest to scream and to get out of his grip. It seemed that the more I tried to move, the stronger the ropes got around my wrists and ankles. I couldn't help but feel hopeless. No matter how much I moved or screamed, no one was going to come rescue me. I was all by myself this time and I didn't know what to do.

"I wouldn't even try Harmony. The ropes are way stronger than you think they are so there is no way you will be able to escape," Adam responds with a small chuckle at the end.

Eventually Adam stopped walking and dropped me down on the floor. I landed on the floor hard and on my already injured shoulder. The impact only caused me to yell in pain and my eyes to become watery. My shoulder hurt so bad from whatever bullet Adam shot at me. I couldn't hold in the pain anymore and it seemed every second that passed the pain got worse and worse.

"Oh stop crying little girl. It wasn't even that bad of a shot. If you want I can give you something to really cry about. How about that?" Adam says with a bile tone in his voice. I never knew he hated me this much. I don't know what I did that caused him to have all this hatred towards me. I always thought that he only had hatred for Glitch, but I guess I was wrong. 

I try to take a deep breath to calm myself down. At the same time, I feel a sharp pain on my stomach that causes my tears to fall from my face again. "I told you to stop crying. If you don't stop, then I'm going to kick you again and again until you do stop crying. Do you understand shawty?"

I shake my head yes to make it clear that I understood what he was saying. However, the quick movement of my head only resulted in my vision to get blurry and for my head to start pounding. I close my eyes and try to visualize Glitch, and how he would calm me down whenever I would have a nightmare or if an alarm went off. "I know it's scary but you are way stronger than you think you are. Remember that and just take deep breaths. You'll get through this. We'll get through this together. I will always be here for you. No matter what." 

I slowly open my eyes to the sound of footsteps getting closer. I start to take deep breaths just like Glitch told me to do as I see the man behind all my nightmares and my constant fear from these past months.

"Well well well. If it isn't the famous Harmony Marie Jacobs," Tan stops and looks down at me. "I'm going to say your parents did a great job at trying to hide you from me. There were even times when I thought about giving up on trying to find you. But I knew that you were out there somewhere. I just needed to find the right places to look in then go from there. Even knowing the right people can make locating a person much easier. Am I right Adam?"

"That's right, grandfather. It is only Harmony here and she is going to be dead before she has the chance to tell anyone else about my relation to you or about any of this." Adam bends down towards me and forces me to sit up from my laying position. The sudden movement only causes my head to become more fuzzy and the room to spin for a few seconds. It is then when I realize what happened. How Tan knew were to look. Why I had to be moving around the world every few months. How I constantly would run into Adam whenever I moved somewhere else. I always thought that Adam's family was going through the same situation that my parents were in. Adam made me believe that us moving to the same place all the time was because his parents' work made them move around just like my parents. Now I see that all of that was a lie. A lie that I foolishly believed and continued to believe for years. A lie that led to the moment that I am in right now. I was too dumb and stupid to realize how abnormal this was. I should have known. Heck, I should have said something. No wonder my parents never liked Adam. They always told me to be careful around him and that I needed to get away from him, but I never did. I never listened. I didn't want to believe them that Adam was harming me in a way that I wasn't aware of. They knew that he was hiding something and they kept trying to protect me, but I never listen. I remember I would always end up arguing with my parents because I didn't want to listen to them. I wanted to prove them wrong, that they were wrong about Adam. But I was the one who was wrong every time. And now, I am suffering the consequences of my rebellious acts. 

I felt something cold on the side of my head, followed by a click sound. I knew what that was and I had to force my eyes from trying to see what I already knew was against my head. I started to take deep breaths again. I didn't want to die. Not like this. "Any last words you want to say before I pull the trigger shawty?"

I take a deep breath and look around the room. I can't give up. I can't go down without a fight. I have to survive. I have to get out of here. I start to move my hands around to try to loosen up the ropes around them. I remembered Glitch taught me a way to get out of ropes if I was ever put in a situation like this one. I continue moving my hands around to find them getting looser. I can't help but to feel joy and a little bit of hope. I can do this!

"Hold on Adam. You know the plan. We can't kill her now," I hear Dr. Tan say and walk to the door on the other side of the room.

"But grandfather. Why can't we just do it now? Rasa and Lima would still feel the same pain you did years ago." Adam responds and takes the gun away from my head. I feel the ropes slide of my wrists and take a deep breath. I stay still to make sure they don't notice I got my hands out the ropes. Now, how can I take these ropes off of my ankles without them seeing me?

"I know but that's not what I want," Tan says and walks back towards me. He kneels down in front of me and looks straight at me. "I want them to watch you die. Just like I had to do when they killed the one I loved. I want to see them suffer just like I had to. That's how I will get my revenge. Unfortunately, you have to suffer the most out of all of us Harmony. I hope you don't mind." Tan gives me a small, evil smile. Then, reaches to the cloth in my mouth. "You've been quiet for too long. Maybe you yelling will get Rasa and Lima here quicker." He takes the cloth out of my mouth and lets it hang around my neck.

"You won't get your revenge Tan. My parents are going to get here and defeat you." I say, sounding more confident than ever. All of the sudden I had all this courage and I was loving it.

Tan responds with an evil laugh and stands up. "Trust me Harmony. I will get my revenge because you know why? Your so called parents have already failed." He snaps his fingers and that causes a few of his guards, or what look like robots, to go to the door. They open the door and that's when I see Rasa and Lima come in the room with handcuffs around their wrists, followed by the other DCI agents, who also had handcuffs around their writs. Each of the agents had robots on each side of them and looked defeated and exhausted. That's when the courage I had gained quickly left my body. This isn't good...

-----------------------

Done with another chapter. Hope you guys like it.

Also, thank you for the 10k reads!

Love you all!

-purplegirl1226