Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning with a warm and fuzzy feeling all over my body. The sadness that had been weighing down on me before was now replaced with a happiness I couldn't describe in enough words. 

Gerard and I's relationship had transformed into something that I only could've dreamed of in the past. But this was reality, and my feelings for him were no longer just a crush. It was a whole lot more than that. He had broken my boundaries for not loving anybody, and he had made me feel good about myself.

His support meant the world to me, and I didn't want to lose it.

I was grinning from ear-to-ear the entire ride over, and Kurt was quick to notice. "You seem awfully happy, Ms. Parker," he chuckled, looking at me through the mirror.

"Mm-hmm," I nodded, fussing anxiously with my hands.

There was a pause, then he asked, "Who's the lucky guy?"

I still wasn't certain about our relationship, so I said quietly, "I'd prefer to keep it secret."

"Ah," Kurt winked mischievously. "I get it. Wanting to lay low, right?"

I nodded. "You could say that."

"Well, don't worry, Ms. Parker," he smiled. "You're secret is safe with me."

"I appreciate it, Kurt," I said, leaning forward and rubbing his shoulder. "It won't be like this forever, I promise. I would never do that to you, or anyone for that matter."

He waved me off. "I would not mind either way, kid. It's none of anybody's business to know what happening behind the scenes."

I smiled gratefully. "You're the best, Kurt."

"Yeah," Kurt said, feigning arrogance and holding his head up. "I get that a lot."

I laughed and turned my attention back out the car window, daydreaming endlessly of Gerard.

A few minutes later, I arrived at Pinewood Studios and headed to my station, where the "Masquerade" outfit was sitting, perfectly unharmed. Thank God Charlotte didn't do anything, I thought with a sigh of relief.

I opened the door and flipped the lights on.

Gerard was leaning against the wall with a smile on his face. He was fully dressed as the Phantom, and I felt my brain turn to mush in an instant.

"Good morning," he said, approaching me.

Slightly breathless, I admitted, "I didn't think you were serious when you said you'd be here."

Gerard furrowed his brows as he stood in front of me. "Why?" he asked softly, caressing my arm with his gloved fingertips and making me shiver.

I shrugged sheepishly and replied, "I'm still not used to a famous celebrity like yourself having feelings for an average-"

He cut me off by kissing my head and pulling me into his chest. "Don't you dare say you're average," Gerard mumbled in my hair. "You are the most wonderful girl I've ever met, and you are anything but average, my dear."

I smiled to myself in his chest, and he gently rubbed my back with both of his hands. But a question emerged in my head, and I pulled back to ask, "What about the movie? Doesn't Joel need you? You are one of the lead actors, after all."

He smiled and said, "You're more important than this movie. I'm going to make time for you."

"But-" I started to protest, but he cut me off again by kissing my lips deeply. Fireworks exploded in my chest as he softly moved his lips on mine, and I melted in his touch.

This was my first-ever kiss, and it was the best thing I had ever experienced in my life, even better than when I saw that I was signed on for the job in the first place.

Gerard separated from me, but his handsome face was still inches away, so I could feel his warm breath on my skin. "Don't worry," he whispered, kissing the tip of my nose. "I'll take care of it. I'm a grown adult."

I chuckled, but there was one last question that had been bothering me for days, and I braced myself for the answer. "Gerard," I breathed out. "There's something I need to know."

"Sure," he responded, brushing my hair back. "What do you want to know?"

I stroked his broad chest with the backs of my hands, feeling nervous, but Gerard leaned forward and kissed me again reassuringly. "You can talk to me," he said quietly. "It's alright."

I inhaled deeply, then asked, "Are you in love with Emmy?"

Gerard shook his head. "We're only friends. She's like a little sister to me." He paused, then asked, "Does this have to do with when I saw you at our hideout with the lipstick on my face?"

I shyly nodded, not meeting his eyes, but he tilted my chin up gently so that I could look at him. Sighing, I said, "I may have been a bit jealous. That's why I ran off all dramatically."

Gerard smiled. "It's okay. I'm not judging you."

I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I released it, and I immediately felt embarrassed. But he chuckled good-naturedly and kissed my cheek.

I wanted him to stay forever, but I still had a job to do, so I said, "I need to start my work, Gerard."

"Oh, come on," he groaned, kissing my head multiple times. "Let me stay and watch you do your magic. I promise I won't get in the way."

I tried to protest, but Gerard didn't let go of me. "We both have responsibilities," I said, my voice muffled in his suit.

"I know I do," he said, pulling back to look at me. "It's you."

I rolled my eyes. "I mean, your acting. Everybody's relying on you here, and it's the same with me. You can't let them down."

Gerard sighed and nodded, understanding the gravity of my words. "Alright, I'll go," he said in disappointment. "But as soon as you're done, let me know. I want to see you tonight."

I smiled at his sweetness and said, "You will, I promise."

He rested his forehead on mine and whispered, "I'll see you later, my Angel."

"Ditto," I said with a grin.

With one last kiss, Gerard let go of me and walked out the door, leaving me in pure bliss.