Prologue | Serendipity

Defined as: finding something good without looking for it

••••••••••

Ahhh High school!

The worst fucking years of my life!

But today I'm graduating so I'm not going to think very much about the institution that drove me insane and to tears several hundred times.

From getting good grades, being the president of clubs, to working my ass off every day because what the fuck actually is Trignometry and why does it exist?!

So now I go to grab my diploma and after we throw the caps, my friends come up to start talking to me excitedly about college and how we're going to meet up.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around.

I see Jisoo with her waist-length hair finally down with some brown highlights. Her glasses are gone but she still has her braces. She must be wearing some heels because she matches my height.

I smile. "Congratulations on graduating!" I say.

She looks like she wants to say something and one of my friends says, "Come on! Let's go! We have to take pictures with the guys!"

I look at Jisoo and offer, "Want to join us?"

She looks unsure and I feel like there's something wrong so I tell my friends to go ahead and I pull her aside.

"Is something wrong?" I ask with concern. My mind thinks and anger builds up. "Did someone say something?" I start rolling up my sleeves. "I'll go hit—"

Jisoo quickly shakes her head and pushes my hands back to my sides. "N-No! I....I just...."

Jisoo and I aren't close but she's been in every one of my classes for the last four years and we always ended up working together. We're just sort-of friends but that doesn't mean I don't care about her.

She drops her graduation cap and wraps her arms around my neck in a tight hug. I'm momentarily stunned.

I wrap my arms around her waist. "You good?" I ask with a big smile, wishing I had asked for her hugs sooner because they feel nice.

She nods. "Yeah. I just....wanted to hug you."

I chuckle. "Okay. I appreciate the hug. I love them."

She pulls me closer and says, "Thank you for everything. I hope we see each other again. I loved seeing you everyday."

I feel warm and nice. "I didn't realize my presence meant so much to you Jisoo. Thank you. I liked seeing you everyday too."

She pulls away and I keep my hands on her waist as she stares into me with her hands on my shoulders.

I lean forward and kiss her cheek. I pull my hands away. "Call me."

She shakes her head. "I don't—"

"Easy remedy," I say as I go to a nearby table and grab a pen. I come back to her and open her palm. I write the number on it with a smile.

"I have to go but call me okay?"

Her face is flushed but she has a big grin. I can't help her contagious smile and smile widely back.

"I'll see you later Jisoo!" I say as I run off.

And I hear her shout back, "I'll call—SEE YOU LATER JENNIE!"

I go to sleep that night with a big smile, ready to start the next chapter of my life.

••••••••••
To be continued 😉