Gotong-Royong

Defined as: the joint sharing of burdens; the bearing of the weight of the world together with trusted......

••••••••••

"Mom. Dad. This is my girlfriend, Jisoo!" I say happily.

Jisoo walks in with her long sleeved, open blue shirt with a black shirt underneath along with regular jeans. It's a similar style to how I met her at the library but her hair is clipped back with a few strands framing her face and she has on some light makeup like eyeliner and lip gloss. Her light framed glasses sit nicely on the bridge of her nose.

"Nice to meet you," she says and holds out her hand with a smile.

My mom and dad shake her hand and both of us take off our shoes.

My parents take her to the kitchen and my dad asks, "What are you studying?"

"Pre-Law. Then I'll go to Law school."

My dad nods, thoroughly impressed. "Do you attend Jennie's college?"

She shakes her head. "I go to Jefferson an hour away. May I sit down?" She gestures to the chair at the dining table and he nods.

My mom asks, "How did you meet Jennie then?"

I look at her too and she says to them, "I had to pickup a book for one of my classes. It wasn't anywhere nearby to me or on the college campus because everyone needed it. So I drove the hour to the public library and that's where I met Jennie."

"How long have you both been dating?" My dad asks curiously.

Jisoo looks at me for help and I say to him, "I think it's been 2 months Dad."

He nods and I ask teasingly, "Are you both done your interrogation? Shall we eat dinner?"

My dad laughs and my mom rolls her eyes playfully.

I sit down next to Jisoo and she leans towards me and whispers in my ear, "How did I do?" Her warm breath ghosts over my ear.

I smile and turn to her. She pulls away a bit and I give her a thumbs up. "You did good. Thank you," I whisper back. "I told you that you just have to be yourself. My dad remembers you when you were salutatorian of our High School class. He was already impressed with you and you just impressed him more by being in law."

She grins and jokes, "So you're saying, I live my life to impress your parents?"

I widen my eyes. "No! That's not what I—"

She laughs softly and turns away from me. I punch her arm and she winces with a fake gasp.

I laugh too and draw a heart in the air with my fingers and shoot an arrow at her

She rolls her eyes with a big smile.

••••••••••

I wake up and stand just as Jisoo walks in.

"Jen—AAAAAHHHHH!" She shouts and covers her eyes.

She closes the door behind her and I frown as I turn towards her.

"Jisoo. It's not like I'm naked. I'm just in a bra and I have pants on. You're telling me that we've been friends for so long and you didn't see me shirtless? Not even accidentally? Not once?!"

Jisoo keeps her eyes closed and pulls her hand away.

I put my hands on my hips. "You can look Jisoo."