Redamancy

Defined as: the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full

••••••••••
|Jennie|

"JENNIE! MAMA! WAAAAAKE UP! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I'M SEVEN YEARS OLD!"

I rub my eyes as I hear RJ go to Jisoo's room and I get out of bed.

I walk across the hall and RJ is cuddled up in Jisoo's arms. I lean against the doorframe with crossed arms and ask, "What? No work today?"

"Shut up," Jisoo mumbles. "It's literally 5:30 in the morning."

I walk closer and see RJ fast asleep again.

I laugh quietly and smooth Jisoo's hair from her face. I kiss her cheek. "Move over."

She frowns but moves her and RJ to the center of the bed and I get in behind her. I hug her tightly and spoon her. Jisoo sighs contently and I rest my forehead on her back.

••••••••••

We do eventually get to work and school.

On the way to RJ's school, she asked if we could go to her favorite Italian place and we agreed before she ran out of the car.

And Jisoo and I went for work but I know I couldn't focus because my mind kept drifting back to the weekend.

I mean, how couldn't it?

She literally did things and said things....

"I can't do this anymore."

Jisoo looks up from her work. "What happened?"

I grab my stuff. "I'm going to sit in Rosie's office."

She frowns and stands up. "Why?"

I gesture to her. "You're....distracting."

I see her lips twitch and her cheeks turn pink. "Umm....okay. We're leaving at 1pm so that we can pick up a small cake and go to RJ's school for her birthday."

I nod with a smile. "That sounds fantastic! I'll come back then!"

I reach for the door and she says, "By the way, you're distracting too."

I smile widely as I leave.

••••••••••

I hold the small cake tightly in my hand and Jisoo has the candles and small birthday hats in hers.

She counts down. "3. 2. 1."

We burst in and RJ immediately starts jumping in happiness.

Both of us shout, "Happy Birthday RJ!"

All the kids start cheering and the teacher laughs but manages to calm them down and we all gather around RJ in front of the cake.

Jisoo and I kneel down on either side of her. Jisoo places the candle on top of the cake and I light the "7" candle.

Then we all sing,

"Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday dear RJ!

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu!"

Everyone starts cheering and Jisoo kisses her cheek. "Make a wish darling."

RJ looks from Jisoo to me and stares at me for a little bit so I bounce my eyebrows and she giggles before holding her hands in a prayer.

Then she moves her hands away and blows the candle.