Nemesism

Defined as: frustration, anger, or aggression directed inward, toward oneself and one's way of living

••••••••••
|Jisoo|

I move my hands through my hair in the shower and close my eyes.

Her parents told me they were bringing Jennie and that she lost her memory and wanted to see if she remembered anything as soon as she saw me.

Considering that we were only friends, I didn't see how I would help.

And I didn't realize how much I missed her until I opened the door and my heart skipped a beat.

Sure I thought about her a couple times over the six years but just the sight of her sent my mind into an overdrive. She didn't change a single bit.

Her dark brown hair is still long and wavy. Her cheeks are still there and she looks like she lost a bit of weight but nothing serious. Her chocolate eyes are bright and she looks....happy.

It was as if she never left all those years ago and my heart restarted at the sight of her.

She pointed at my face. "You....You...."

For a minute I thought she forgot me. "Yes?"

She holds out her hand. "Hi! I don't know if you remember that much from high school but I'm Jennie Kim!"

16 years....

She forgot everything between us.

I take my hand off the door and hold her hand. My heart starts pounding and my mind goes blank. That all too familiar warm feeling goes through me as soon as I hold her hand.

I fucking hate that I'm still in love with her.

I open my eyes and turn off the shower.

I wear clothes and quickly run down to see both Jennie and RJ ready.

I smile at RJ and I take the briefest glance at Jennie in her cut off jean shorts at mid-thigh and off shoulder, oversized flannel.

I swallow and go to wear my shoes.

After that, I look up and see Jennie watching me. Her eyes seem cautious and hesitant.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

Jennie blinks. "Y-Yeah."

I nod. "Okay."

We get in the car and I start driving for the amusement park and it seems like Jennie is trying to avoid me.

I guess it's better since that's what I wanted but....

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask again.

She looks away from the window to me. "Do you still have your wedding ring?"

I'm taken by shock but I manage a nod. "Yeah. I have it in a safe in the bank."

"Can we see it?" Jennie asks.

Jennie's ring is with mine.

She's going to know eventually but I'm going to delay her realizing we're married as far as possible. I can't deal with discussing the past right now.

"Ummm....no. It's pretty locked up. I don't think we can."

"Really?" She asks completely unconvinced.

I shake my head and sigh. "Jennie, I don't relish looking at the rings of my failed marriage. So leave it okay?"

"Fine."