Fika

Defined as: a moment to slow things down and appreciate the good things in life

••••••••••
|Jennie|

I was initially, of course, in shock about the wedding photo and I nearly had another panic attack but I focused on counting like everyone taught me and I took deep breaths.

Then Jisoo proceeded to be weird the whole day at the amusement park because I was weird.

It's not everyday that you find out that the woman you have a crush on was actually your wife that you divorced 6 years ago.

I stare up at the ceiling while lying down on my bed.

Jisoo and RJ went to bed a long time ago but I need some time to think before going to sleep.

All those things that Jisoo said about "her husband" were actually about me.

About loving to run her hands through my hair. About my features. About my smile.

About how in love she was with me.

I can't believe she was in love with me when we were married as well. I didn't want to tell her because then she'd know I went through her things and right now, I'm confused as fuck so I don't want her to start messing with me again.

We must've adopted RJ....

And then I left both of them?

I rub my face in confusion.

How could I just leave behind a wife and child for my career? How horrible of a person I must've been?!

I close my eyes and hope my dreams can be an answer to my problems.

••••••••••

"Jennie. Sit down," my mom says and sits next to my dad at the dining table.

I frown and sit across from them. "What?"

"How is dating Jisoo? It's been 3 years."

My mom and dad are worried about me. They thought that I wasn't making the right choice by giving my life to ice skating.

I never imagined another future for myself with anyone either so it was out of the left field when they asked if I was seeing anyone new or I was still with Jisoo.

I don't want my parents to be worried. They already sacrificed so much for me and the only thing they asked is that I find someone I love.

I have yet to find someone I love and I don't want to disappoint my parents.

"Why? What happened?" I finally respond.

"Well....aren't you stringing her along? Does she want forever? Wouldn't she want to be married?"

I widen my eyes. "What are you talking about?!"

"Jennie," my dad says gently. "We just think that we feel bad for Jisoo."

"Why would you feel bad for Jisoo? She perfectly fine with it."

"Well, when you came over the other time with her, we asked what she saw in the future for herself and she said that she wished she was married and had a child. I know that your interests for the future don't line up with hers so...what are you going to do?"

I shake my head. "I guess I didn't realize. I'll talk to her."

The dream shifts.