Furqat

Defined as: separation (of beloved)

••••••••••

I stare at my wedding ring.

"You know....I really like the ring."

Jisoo groans loudly. "You better. That cost a fortune."

I smile and turn around to her.

Jisoo's in black sweatpants and black T-shirt.

"Whose funeral are you attending?"

She narrows her eyes. "Ha. Ha. Very funny."

I just smile again and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her into a hug.

We got married today and we are in a two bed hotel room before we go back to the apartment we bought together before marrying.

I turn my head and bury my face in her neck. "I love your hugs."

Jisoo nods. "Well....I never got that compliment before."

I pull away but still keep my arms around her waist. "Why not?"

Jisoo laughs and whenever she does it's like the room gets a little bit brighter and it makes me smile too. "It's not something people comment on."

I smirk. "What do they comment on?"

Clearly seeing the direction of the conversation, her cheeks go pink and she starts stuttering, "Umm... you know....nothing m-much....just small things...n-nothing—"

"You besides the fact that you're beautiful, kind and loving?" I finish for her.

She tilts her head cutely. "Really? You think I'm all that?"

I pull one arm away and push her glasses up her nose a bit with my finger. "Yes. You're all that and more Jisoo. Thank you for doing this." I go back to snuggling into her for a hug. "People don't know what they're missing in your hugs."

She laughs again and stupid butterflies flutter in my stomach.

I pull away and look at her. "You know, it's only 7. Why don't we go to the ice rink?"

She raises an eyebrow. "It's closed."

I shake my head. "Nope. The rink manager, James, gave me a set of keys and told me that I could come in whenever I wanted."

She looks a bit pained. "I'm not a good ice skater. I can't keep up with you."

I smile.
The dream shifts

I step on the ice skate forward a few feet before turning around and looking at Jisoo.

I smile as I see her hesitantly step on the ice. She keeps a death grip on the siding wall.

I laugh at her. "Even babies skate around, what are you so afraid of?"

"Breaking my head open," she explains while holding onto the wall as much as she can.

I smile and go over. I hold her hand. "Come on. One step at a time."

She heaves a big sigh and we stand for a second while she tries to find her balance. "How about you don't do anything and I pull you?" I offer.

"Gently," she emphasizes and I laugh.

I give a small push off and pull Jisoo next to me as we—sorry I—skate down the ice with Jisoo staring at her feet and maintaining her balance.