Wonderwall

Defined as: someone you find yourself thinking about all the time; a person you are completely infatuated with

••••••••••

I come home after a bad date.

It's coming to the end of Jisoo and I's agreement. It's nearly our 3 year anniversary.

I guess, it wasn't a bad date. He tried really hard but I wasn't feeling the butterflies or warmth I feel when I see Jisoo laugh or joke or compliment me.

I know I like her. But with the way my life is going and how I'm barely able to keep myself together and the stress.... I don't know if I can do a relationship.

I walk into the apartment and see Jisoo looking drunk with a tub of ice cream and hugging a champagne bottle.

Her eyes catch mine and she smiles drunkenly. "Jennie! My wife!"

I drop my purse and carefully walk over to her. "Are you okay?" I ask.

She closes her eyes and leans back into the sofa. "Why do you go on so many dates?"

To forget you.

I shake my head. "Just because."

She opens her eyes and her dark gaze looks at me. She leans forward again and pours a drink for me in a champagne glass. She offers it to me.

I shake my head. "I shouldn't."

She purses her lips. "You should. It tastes good."

"If I get drunk, then who will take care of your ass," I say with a smile.

She smirks. "I've been taking care of myself just fine. I can do it when I'm drunk too."

I take the glass from her and drink the champagne quickly.

The alcohol goes straight to my head and I feel a nice buzz go through me. "Wow! That was quick!"

She laughs and those butterflies flutter again.

Jisoo has the most beautiful smile and laugh. I swear that time stops when I watch her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks quietly.

I shake my head out of its dreamy state and focus on her.

"Like what?" I ask equally as quiet.

She leans closer to me and I clasp my hands in my lap tightly. She smiles lazily. "I don't know if I imagined it.....but it was as if you saw the most beautiful thing you had ever seen."

I swallow and keep holding her burning gaze because I don't want to seem like a coward by looking away.

It feels like we just stare at each other for hours. With Jisoo, I feel something different compared to other people I've dated. Yes, I've been attracted to people but I never feel some sort of magnetic force to always be next to the person. There's always been something pulling us together.

"Jennie," she breathes.

Her hand reaches up and holds my face.

She tilts her head the slightest amount and our noses brush against each other. I part my lips and...

Goddamn! Fuck it.

I surge forward and press my lips against hers.

She kisses me back with as much fervor and holds my face with both of her hands. I'm only focused on her. Her soft lips. The heat in my body. The moans she keeps making when I tug on her lower lip. I slip my tongue into her mouth as her hands drag down my neck and rest on my jacket.